RP problems

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

RP problems

Postby Darkylightytwo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:34 am

I believe they are RP problems in my nations with the other players, does this mean I must leave the country, which is something I fear.

while I just learned now that Malivia had a cultural protocols. http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=403251
Although I never heard about these culturals protocol before and considering Malivia did not had a much democratic life..
what to do those cultural protocol ?

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=420803 = 3750
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=421828 = 3759 updates, (after imposition of national language)
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=422297 = minor update,

Now I am stuck in war rp, which I do not want, so what can I do, I could just negotiate with him, but it is not like he ever came with respect.
first thing he come up is imposing the civil war on me, on the first day he joined Malivia,

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1952&p=79162#p79162
Sorry but I don't remember employee in Malivia at that time being select on political purpose, all employee have to promises political independence, so I can't have communist officials patrolling the vote... I think I played a bit too much I should have come here...

I admit the last rp, on sudden take over by Extreme gerajans was a bit too much, add zombies to it, yeah, I have gone a little too far.

is there a way I can avoid that civil war rp, I can any democratic rp, but we are talking about democratic, we are talking civil war and all kind of miss interpretation that comes with it.
Is there a way to stop all this. I'll admit, personally, I would like Malabar1 to leave the nation, that is a personnal wish, as I took Malivia to set things on international stage, not on nation stage.
I will also admit I could just abuse power and pass early election after early election, each six month, I won't pass a single bill and he won't, and if I keep the majority in next election, the opposition who has less visibility then me is bond to lose those, little by little, hoverer, I would be very bored to go with such a strategies, I would prefer that we can set foot for an new type of rp, that would be more simple.
Darkylightytwo

Re: RP problems

Postby Amazeroth » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:31 am

Darkylightytwo wrote:I believe they are RP problems in my nations with the other players, does this mean I must leave the country, which is something I fear.

while I just learned now that Malivia had a cultural protocols. http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=403251
Although I never heard about these culturals protocol before and considering Malivia did not had a much democratic life..
what to do those cultural protocol ?

What the cultural protocols do is detailed in the "Cultural Protocols" thread in the moderation section, as well as in the "Cultural Protocols Index" thread, in both cases in the first post.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=420803 = 3750
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=421828 = 3759 updates, (after imposition of national language)
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=422297 = minor update,

None of these cultural protocols/updates are, so far, official. In order to make cultural protocols official, they have to undergo the whole treatment outlined in the sections mentioned above - voted for with necessary majorities, and accepted by moderation. None of these were brought before moderation, so none of these are official or even valid.

Now I am stuck in war rp, which I do not want, so what can I do, I could just negotiate with him, but it is not like he ever came with respect.
first thing he come up is imposing the civil war on me, on the first day he joined Malivia,

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1952&p=79162#p79162
Sorry but I don't remember employee in Malivia at that time being select on political purpose, all employee have to promises political independence, so I can't have communist officials patrolling the vote... I think I played a bit too much I should have come here...

I admit the last rp, on sudden take over by Extreme gerajans was a bit too much, add zombies to it, yeah, I have gone a little too far.

is there a way I can avoid that civil war rp, I can any democratic rp, but we are talking about democratic, we are talking civil war and all kind of miss interpretation that comes with it.
Is there a way to stop all this. I'll admit, personally, I would like Malabar1 to leave the nation, that is a personnal wish, as I took Malivia to set things on international stage, not on nation stage.
I will also admit I could just abuse power and pass early election after early election, each six month, I won't pass a single bill and he won't, and if I keep the majority in next election, the opposition who has less visibility then me is bond to lose those, little by little, hoverer, I would be very bored to go with such a strategies, I would prefer that we can set foot for an new type of rp, that would be more simple.

In answer to the more general questions, like "Can I be forced into civil war RP", I direct you to the rules section of the forum, where you should find answers. In regard to this specific RP - at the latest everything on from the Zombies is considered illegal RP and void - illegal RP on your account, by the way - since zombies are not allowed in particracy (like any other fantasy creatures).
There is nothing you can do to make Malabar1 leave Malivia - you don't own the nation, and it should have been clear to you that there was always the possibility of someone else coming to Malivia, regardless of your motives for going there.

I'll write a post in the newspaper thread to specifically say where the RP starts being invalid, and you'll have to take it from there.

Also, don't RP fantasy stuff like that again, this is the last time that missing knowledge of the rules will excuse that.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Darkylightytwo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:51 am

Still if we completly ignore the Zombie rp.
Coup d'etat by the New Gerajan Council and Revolt by the Evil Pro-Life Communist taking back are they illegals ? since they were programmed, and they have very little to do the illegal rp itself, and there is still fact that Malivia thrown itself in genocide before the zombies.

on regard to the rules on being forced to civil war rp, do you mean this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5519
Darkylightytwo

Postby Amazeroth » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:03 am

Darkylightytwo wrote:Still if we completly ignore the Zombie rp.
Coup d'etat by the New Gerajan Council and Revolt by the Evil Pro-Life Communist taking back are they illegals ? since they were programmed, and they have very little to do the illegal rp itself, and there is still fact that Malivia thrown itself in genocide before the zombies.

No, none of those are illegal, from what can be seen, they were pretty much done consensually and without breaking rules.

on regard to the rules on being forced to civil war rp, do you mean this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5519

Yes. But in order to clarify - there is no way a zero-seat party can take a country into civil war (at least in particracy). If there are paramilitaries depends on the nation's laws, but RPing civil war as a zero seat party would be godmodding in all but the most extraordinary circumstances.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Darkylightytwo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:08 am

Amazeroth wrote:
Darkylightytwo wrote:Still if we completly ignore the Zombie rp.

No, none of those are illegal, from what can be seen, they were pretty much done consensually and without breaking rules.

Yes. But in order to clarify - there is no way a zero-seat party can take a country into civil war (at least in particracy). If there are paramilitaries depends on the nation's laws, but RPing civil war as a zero seat party would be godmodding in all but the most extraordinary circumstances.

Now, does that mean, the party with zero, starting a civil war rp on the first day, as there is no paramilitaries in Malivia when he come here, was illegal rp. because Malabar1 still has no seat as he came here just before the elections started.
I don't even remember paramilitaries being legal in Malivia
Last edited by Darkylightytwo on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darkylightytwo

Postby Amazeroth » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:22 am

He didn't start a civil war RP on the first day, just, as far as can be seen from newspaper articles, something about a single bomb blowing. That's hardly a civil war, just domestic terrorism, and you don't need a lot of people for that.

As for this bit:

malabar1 wrote:Meanwhile, extremist Geraja elements have boasted that they now number more than 200,000 fighters who are ready to embark on a series of targeted attacks and assassinations. Leader of group Geraja People's Alliance (GPA), Abhinav Vasistha, contacted media figures this morning to announce that his members are willing to both "kill and be killed" in order to reclaim Malivia for his people.

even this is hardly a civil war. All they do is boast abotu numbering 200,000 fighters, which can be considered just that, boasting. And that's it. No mentions of actual fighting, assassinations, etc.

And as for paramilitaries in Malivia - you should really know that, having a party there, and not "not even remember". It's not like this is arcane knowledge that couldn't be found, or wouldn't have been important up until now.
But rest assured, even if paramilitaries are allowed, the number of fighters for a zero seat party is still zero. Or very, very close to zero, if some people voted.
Amazeroth

Postby Darkylightytwo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:29 am

so, in short, I am the only one being wrong here....
well my choice are made.
Darkylightytwo

Postby Imperial Dark Rome » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Welcome to a small slice of the hell. That I have gone through on a regular basis for years and probably many more years to come. It seems that 95% of new parties that come to Davostag always want a civil war. No matter how many times I've done it before. Again, again, and again. It gets quite boring...

End of mini rant and I apologize for it. Back on topic...

All you can do is tough it out. Roleplay as the smaller political power of some kind trying to strike back into power and deal with it. You can try some creative small party roleplaying tactics. Gorilla warfare, espionage spy operations, hacking into government or stock market computer systems (not too large of hack job). Small acts of terror, like kidnapping civilians, plant a bomb on a bus, possibly a primitive biological attack (keep the total death number low), start smuggling illegal things (drugs, counterfeit currency, weapons). Ask for international aid. Though the amount of support you'll get, might not be much. My party the SRP supports you, and we just got back into power in Davostag. So I can offer a little more aid. Or of course simply move to another nation.
Satanic Republican Party
Imperial Dark Rome
Unholy Davostag Empire
Imperial Dark Rome

Postby Darkylightytwo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:40 am

Imperial Dark Rome wrote:Welcome to a small slice of the hell. That I have gone through on a regular basis for years and probably many more years to come. It seems that 95% of new parties that come to Davostag always want a civil war. No matter how many times I've done it before. Again, again, and again. It gets quite boring...

End of mini rant and I apologize for it. Back on topic...

All you can do is tough it out. Roleplay as the smaller political power of some kind trying to strike back into power and deal with it. You can try some creative small party roleplaying tactics. Gorilla warfare, espionage spy operations, hacking into government or stock market computer systems (not too large of hack job). Small acts of terror, like kidnapping civilians, plant a bomb on a bus, possibly a primitive biological attack (keep the total death number low), start smuggling illegal things (drugs, counterfeit currency, weapons). Ask for international aid. Though the amount of support you'll get, might not be much. My party the SRP supports you, and we just got back into power in Davostag. So I can offer a little more aid. Or of course simply move to another nation.

ah thank you, but I'm in lodamun now.
Darkylightytwo

Postby MichaelReilly » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:19 am

Imperial Dark Rome wrote:Welcome to a small slice of the hell.

"Hell". Geddit? 'Cause you're Satanist?

Sigh...
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Return to General