PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Postby Aquinas » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:18 am

In his own words, what he did was "really stupid and selfish", and he apologises. Many players in his position would have done nothing and left the game out of embarrassment, or contacted the Moderator privately about what happened in order to avoid being publicly embarrassed. Instead he's put the good of the community first by publicly admitting everything in order to try to prevent others from falling for the same swindle. In doing so, I rather suspect he showed a degree of integrity this trickster wasn't counting on, and for that, at least, he has my respect.

But anyway, this is an issue for Amazeroth to sort out.
Aquinas

Postby Farsun » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:10 am

Aquinas wrote:In his own words, what he did was "really stupid and selfish", and he apologises. Many players in his position would have done nothing and left the game out of embarrassment, or contacted the Moderator privately about what happened in order to avoid being publicly embarrassed. Instead he's put the good of the community first by publicly admitting everything in order to try to prevent others from falling for the same swindle. In doing so, I rather suspect he showed a degree of integrity this trickster wasn't counting on, and for that, at least, he has my respect.

QFE.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Choice Party » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:56 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:As in... it's not only bad that you thought you were so important that someone with power would randomly message you and make things easier for you specifically... you actually took up the offer. You wanted to cheat.

Well as I said I thought he was an actual moderator, so I thought it was the will of the game to have me win. Plus he said if I wasn't interested he'd go to someone else.
Choice (Dolgaria) 3811-3832
Choice (Luthori) 3832-3875, 3899-3934
Choice (Kalistan)3875-3883
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Labour (Selucia)3934-3944
Progressive (Dolgavas)3944-3959
New Choice (Luthori) 3959-3982
LSP (Gaduridos) 3982-4004
Democratic (Mikuni-Hulstria) 4004-4038
Choice Party

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Amaz needs to start logging in every day so that he can deal with things like these. I hadn't read this thread until now, however the first time I read that guy's username my thought was "scam attempt".

Hope the guy gets IP-banned.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Aquinas wrote:Instead he's put the good of the community first by publicly admitting everything in order to try to prevent others from falling for the same swindle.

I think anyone who thinks like him deserves stuff like that to happen. Here, I don't mean being silly to trust someone with his password; I mean wanting to cheat. If there is anyone else who wants to cheat, they should leave.

Choice Party wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:As in... it's not only bad that you thought you were so important that someone with power would randomly message you and make things easier for you specifically... you actually took up the offer. You wanted to cheat.

Well as I said I thought he was an actual moderator, so I thought it was the will of the game to have me win.

:lol:
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Farsun » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:40 pm

I think everyone needs to lay off and relax attacking this guy.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:04 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:I think anyone who thinks like him deserves stuff like that to happen. Here, I don't mean being silly to trust someone with his password; I mean wanting to cheat. If there is anyone else who wants to cheat, they should leave.
Nah. Being willing to win all the time through tactics is exactly what people do when they use techniques like treaty-locks or repeated early elections, or creating 1-5-72 nations for that matter - all of which are perfectly legal and has been done by many of us veteran players. It's only natural to like wining when playing a game.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Choice Party » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Aquinas wrote:In his own words, what he did was "really stupid and selfish", and he apologises. Many players in his position would have done nothing and left the game out of embarrassment, or contacted the Moderator privately about what happened in order to avoid being publicly embarrassed. Instead he's put the good of the community first by publicly admitting everything in order to try to prevent others from falling for the same swindle. In doing so, I rather suspect he showed a degree of integrity this trickster wasn't counting on, and for that, at least, he has my respect.

Thanks, I appreciate this.

But yeah, I didn't want anyone else to be screwed over like me.

BTW I contacted the admin and he said he's been IP blocked.
Choice (Dolgaria) 3811-3832
Choice (Luthori) 3832-3875, 3899-3934
Choice (Kalistan)3875-3883
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Labour (Selucia)3934-3944
Progressive (Dolgavas)3944-3959
New Choice (Luthori) 3959-3982
LSP (Gaduridos) 3982-4004
Democratic (Mikuni-Hulstria) 4004-4038
Choice Party

Postby GOLI VEERRAJU » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:53 pm

ALORIAN NATIONAL CONGRESS has no links with taking the password of that guy.We are the active party in out nation. ........You must think before accusing us. ...............
GOLI VEERRAJU

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:20 pm

Wouter has already dealt with the impostor (the same guy, btw., who's been creating all the MOHAMMED SAAD parties lately), he's been banned, as well as all of his parties - which includes your old party, Choice. So I'm afraid you'll have to make a new one.

SelucianCrusader wrote:Amaz needs to start logging in every day so that he can deal with things like these. I hadn't read this thread until now, however the first time I read that guy's username my thought was "scam attempt".

Hope the guy gets IP-banned.

In cases like these, send me a pm, and I'll see it pretty instantly. However, I agree that I should log in more. And since that is hardly possible at the moment, since I'm getting rather swamped by RL, I'm going to look for another moderator again.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Previous

Return to General