Searching for a new Moderator

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Searching for a new Moderator

Postby Kubrick » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:33 pm

I don't have a problem with being reasonable and neutral, you on the contrary.. Then again, I don't even have the time to become a moderator. So you don't have to be afraid that "waging personal war" against me will be a problem for you.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:56 pm

I also second Reddy's nomination.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby TheNewGuy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:37 pm

Ah, jeez, I worried this might happen.

Amaz, my advice to you would be that if you're going to pick one, you probably should pick two. A two moderator team is inherently weaker, I think, than a three moderator team.
Last edited by TheNewGuy on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Aquinas » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:01 pm

There are some experienced Particracy players who are not so well-known amongst the forum community, but who have the right background and temperament to make very good Moderators. Gobbleke, or Sir Thomas Hill as he is on the forum, is one person who comes to mind. He's been around longer or as long as almost everybody here. I've dealt with him at various times, including during my spell playing in Solentia. Always courteous, sensible and fair. Perhaps he wouldn't win a popularity contest on this thread, I don't know, but I recommend Amazeroth to have a chat with him and consider him very carefully, because this could be the "outsider candidate" who's actually just the guy we're looking for.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:26 pm

Yeah, it would be a good idea to have two new moderators.
Polites

Postby TheNewGuy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:39 am

I'm also concerned that if Polites gets it it'll suck his love for the game from him like it did to me, and he'd be a much bigger loss to the community than I was.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby meisme » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:08 am

TheNewGuy wrote:and he'd be a much bigger loss to the community than I was.

Don't sell yourself short mate.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby Leonardo222 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:54 am

I don't have a problem with being reasonable and neutral, you on the contrary.. Then again, I don't even have the time to become a moderator. So you don't have to be afraid that "waging personal war" against me will be a problem for you.

You just supported my statement.
Leonardo222

Postby Kubrick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:25 am

Leonardo222 wrote:

You just supported my statement.

I'm sorry, how did I? You said your bad behaviour against Polites and me would influence our potential moderation policies when it comes to you. I said, no they would not and either way I would most likely not accept the nomination.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Sir Thomas Hill » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Aquinas wrote:There are some experienced Particracy players who are not so well-known amongst the forum community, but who have the right background and temperament to make very good Moderators. Gobbleke, or Sir Thomas Hill as he is on the forum, is one person who comes to mind. He's been around longer or as long as almost everybody here. I've dealt with him at various times, including during my spell playing in Solentia. Always courteous, sensible and fair. Perhaps he wouldn't win a popularity contest on this thread, I don't know, but I recommend Amazeroth to have a chat with him and consider him very carefully, because this could be the "outsider candidate" who's actually just the guy we're looking for.

I would be interested in the role and am willing to sit down and chat with Amazeroth- however I do appreciate that whomever is selected needs to command the confidence of the whole community.
Alliance Rose of Kanjor [Active]
The Unionists of Solentia [Inactive]
Game/Discord Username: Gobbleke
Sir Thomas Hill

PreviousNext

Return to General