Searching for a new Moderator

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Searching for a new Moderator

Postby MichaelReilly » Thu May 14, 2015 3:45 pm

My best friend and soulmate Afrocentric.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Reddy » Thu May 14, 2015 4:30 pm

I wish to add another nomination (how did I forget this one???) : Aquinas
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby seanrutter » Mon May 25, 2015 6:47 pm

I'd suggest Aquinas or Afrocentric.

I've been away for a couple of years - but for the 5 years or so that I was active, these guys never seemed to be controversial. It would be great to get the Mod team up to a workable size, so I really hope you can pick someone soon.

Good to be back anyway...

:)
seanrutter

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon May 25, 2015 6:58 pm

seanrutter wrote:I'd suggest Aquinas or Afrocentric.

I've been away for a couple of years - but for the 5 years or so that I was active, these guys never seemed to be controversial.

:lol:
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby meisme » Thu May 28, 2015 9:08 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:

I've been away for a couple of years - but for the 5 years or so that I was active, these guys never seemed to be controversial.

Odd you only underlined Afro for being controversial since Aquinas once indirectly caused a forum-wise, literal inquisition. Not talking trash to him or anything, just stating facts.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby LukasV » Thu May 28, 2015 12:08 pm

God-King Siggon dictates who lives and who dies. This is known. Otherwise, who do you think he has a religion devoted to him?

All this BS aside, have there been any productive strides in this determination? The game is slowly dying out, and with P3 on the backburner again (I've been gone for 6 months, and I've not seen any changes since I last accessed the site), it's coming down to there being maybe 10 people truly interested in the game's future and RP and such, and maybe another further 10 or so that just stick around in-game to preserve their nations. There's no progress or innovation, and it's beyond me as to why there can't be more done to help.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm

meisme wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:

Odd you only underlined Afro for being controversial since Aquinas once indirectly caused a forum-wise, literal inquisition. Not talking trash to him or anything, just stating facts.

Not gonna deny Aquinas was rather controversial as well. I've had my constant conflicts with Aquinas, but I have never found him to be ridiculously offensive to the point where I think he should definitely not be a mod. I didn't nominate him, but others did and I didn't want to discredit him.

LukasV wrote:have there been any productive strides in this determination?

I doubt it.

LukasV wrote:The game is slowly dying out, and with P3 on the backburner again (I've been gone for 6 months, and I've not seen any changes since I last accessed the site),
How would you see/know any changes?

The foundation for implementing cultures has been set. Soon, a private world owner will be able to create cultures, spread them to territories, and assign naming lists to them. I have been working on naming lists, and discussing existing features with Wouter so that we can determine what would make them better.

Until less than 2 weeks ago, I still had classes. Maybe some persons here still have classes. Hopefully we see more life during the summer. One thing definitely killing life is Amazeroth's lack of maintenance of the game. Making an early election request is pointless since the elections will occur before he actually comes online. There are inactive parties and multi-accounts, that it's pointless to report because no-one is handling them.

LukasV wrote:it's coming down to there being maybe 10 people truly interested in the game's future and RP and such, and maybe another further 10 or so that just stick around in-game to preserve their nations. There's no progress or innovation, and it's beyond me as to why there can't be more done to help.

I see players RP-ing. I notice in-game debates going on.
But yes, the game will die out if it's not managed properly, or if P3 isn't launched for public access soon enough.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Polites » Thu May 28, 2015 2:08 pm

LukasV wrote:God-King Siggon dictates who lives and who dies. This is known. Otherwise, who do you think he has a religion devoted to him?

All this BS aside, have there been any productive strides in this determination? The game is slowly dying out, and with P3 on the backburner again (I've been gone for 6 months, and I've not seen any changes since I last accessed the site), it's coming down to there being maybe 10 people truly interested in the game's future and RP and such, and maybe another further 10 or so that just stick around in-game to preserve their nations. There's no progress or innovation, and it's beyond me as to why there can't be more done to help.

The game's been "slowly dying out" for years. Things aren't really that bleak if you check, there's been quite a lot of quality RP around and a number of interested (and interesting) players. Apart from Moderation inactivity I'd say it's going pretty well.
Polites

Postby Imperial Dark Rome » Thu May 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:I see players RP-ing. I notice in-game debates going on.
But yes, the game will die out if it's not managed properly, or if P3 isn't launched for public access soon enough.

Bah humbug... The game can't die. I don't care, if I'm the only party left in the game. I'll always be around in Davostag...
Satanic Republican Party
Imperial Dark Rome
Unholy Davostag Empire
Imperial Dark Rome

Previous

Return to General