Searching for a new Moderator

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Searching for a new Moderator

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri May 01, 2015 1:04 am

Moderation essentially serves 2 functions.

One of them, the one Amazeroth is better at, is resolution of problems and conflicts, and so on. This requires someone who is fair, and who is trusted to be unbiased.

The second function is dealing with daily repetitive/technical tasks like addressing inactive parties and multiple accounts, deleting old bills and treaties, triggering early elections, passing on bug reports to Wouter after confirming that something is unusual, etc. | This requires someone who is active.

We may not be able to find someone who is perfect at both. We may very well need 2 mods, with one focusing more on the first function.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Lionking » Fri May 01, 2015 7:24 am

I think you, Siggon, are the best for the technical tasks as you are online a lot.
Lionking

Postby Farsun » Fri May 01, 2015 2:15 pm

I think this is slightly inappropriate as you can easily send someone PMs to support you in return for favors. This is akin to political lobbying that we see so much of in Congress and other legislatures throughout the world. Election by adoration is by far one of the worst processes to be elected, granted I think there should be a review group but overall the "peoples champion" is a real problem and going to get sticky.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri May 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Farsun wrote:I think this is slightly inappropriate as you can easily send someone PMs to support you in return for favors. This is akin to political lobbying that we see so much of in Congress and other legislatures throughout the world. Election by adoration is by far one of the worst processes to be elected, granted I think there should be a review group but overall the "peoples champion" is a real problem and going to get sticky.

Why didn't you complain about the process from the beginning? Why just now? It's not an election by the way; Amazeroth made that clear.

I'm not sure what favours we could give each other. That's some really far-fetched conspiracy shit going on in your head. Also, I can assure everyone that I have not privately discussed the topic with anyone.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Farsun » Fri May 01, 2015 3:44 pm

I have complained about it from the beginning, I lodged my complaints with Amaz about it. Assuring people that it isn't an election is very easy to do, doesn't make it true. Essentially what he came about saying to me is that if people suggest the person then he'll consider them, more or less, having people put up candidates and they can be selected. It's a weird sort of election.

Hardly far-fetched conspiracy but a very realistic concern by many many members of the community, new and old. So, before you lodge insults at someone Siggon, perhaps you should think.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri May 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Farsun wrote:I have complained about it from the beginning, I lodged my complaints with Amaz about it. Assuring people that it isn't an election is very easy to do, doesn't make it true. Essentially what he came about saying to me is that if people suggest the person then he'll consider them, more or less, having people put up candidates and they can be selected. It's a weird sort of election.

It's not an election at all. If it was an election, he would just appoint the person whose name appears the most times. He's simply appointing someone, but allowing the community's input so that he can consider persons he would not have considered on his own.

Regardless of what he does, at least 1 or 2 persons will complain about it. Some persons may complain that it's a popularity contest (even though he made it clear that it is not, since having the most nominations does not mean the person gets the position). Some persons would have complained if the community had no input and if he just appointed someone.

Farsun wrote:Hardly far-fetched conspiracy but a very realistic concern by many many members of the community, new and old. So, before you lodge insults at someone Siggon, perhaps you should think.

Not sure where I "lodged insults at" anyone :lol:
Siggon Kristov

Postby soysauce » Fri May 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Aquinas, that is all...
soysauce

Postby Kubrick » Sat May 02, 2015 12:26 am

Buying votes, pm me!!!

[joke disclaimer]
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Choice Party » Mon May 04, 2015 4:53 pm

I don't really know whose who around here, but I do firmly believe this game is in need of one or two new moderators, it does seem rather understaffed.
Choice (Dolgaria) 3811-3832
Choice (Luthori) 3832-3875, 3899-3934
Choice (Kalistan)3875-3883
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Labour (Selucia)3934-3944
Progressive (Dolgavas)3944-3959
New Choice (Luthori) 3959-3982
LSP (Gaduridos) 3982-4004
Democratic (Mikuni-Hulstria) 4004-4038
Choice Party

Postby MarkWill » Mon May 04, 2015 10:04 pm