Vision for an updated Particracy Classic

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Vision for an updated Particracy Classic

Postby Farsun » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:50 pm

I've come up with some ideas over the years and I figured I'd see what the people thought. I've come back and will likely be back for a while seeing as summer is ahead of us and I have a lot more time on my hands with a career in the works. So here are some of my ideas for a re-invigorated PT Classic.

1) Introduction of a volunteer RP Team. These volunteers would help manage a Moderator created UN-esque organization which would give representation to all countries in the game. This would allow players to come together and work together or against each other; allowing the development of realistic geopolitics.

2) Introduction of commodities. This would allow players to opt-in and participate in economic RP. This would be accompanied by a map of resources throughout the world, it would be realistic by region. It would be an official map that gave players something tangible to hold onto and defend and give people a reason to go to war. For instance having oil and having oil actually having an effect on a nations economy, if another player captures it, then it would be bad.

3) Introduction of new rules for war and conflict RPs. Essentially writing new Rildanor Accords and changing things around. Much of this work has been done through OTAF, my project I started years ago. That would allow more fluid RP and whatnot when it came to conflicts. Essentially this would be removing hard limits on troops short of what your actual budget could support.

4) Moderator/RP Team created events that would spur players to react, some through the UN-created organization and others through individual means. This is more or less consensus decisions about

5) Working on editing population numbers with Wouter to allow more variance between nations.

6) Perhaps investing in research of skins for the forum, to make it appear a bit more visually attractive.

7) Advertisements on various RP websites that I've known through my dealings as head of the largest SW RP site on InvisionFree for 8 years.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Re: Vision for an updated Particracy Classic

Postby Aquinas » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:43 pm

I've long been keen on some kind of United Nations-style organisation for Particracy, and Farsun, myself and others have talked about this in the past.

Here's an idea...as a first step, why don't we introduce a Terran Assembly that is just a talking shop of all the political parties in Terra, voting on motions (not legally binding). These would add interest to the game and encourage international RP. (As well as hopefully encouraging some players to sign up to the forum).

A suggested system of seat allocation: Each party receives 1 delegate for every million votes it received at the last election, and is guaranteed a minimum of one delegate (no matter how few votes it won). For example...

Party A - 3,200,000 votes = 3 delegates
Party B - 21,900,000 votes = 21 delegates
Party C - 1,400,000 votes = 1 delegate
Party D - 400,000 votes = 1 delegate

We could RP all of this on a thread on the forum.
Aquinas

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 pm

Aquinas wrote:I've long been keen on some kind of United Nations-style organisation for Particracy, and Farsun, myself and others have talked about this in the past.

Here's an idea...as a first step, why don't we introduce a Terran Assembly that is just a talking shop of all the political parties in Terra, voting on motions (not legally binding). These would add interest to the game and encourage international RP. (As well as hopefully encouraging some players to sign up to the forum).

A suggested system of seat allocation: Each party receives 1 delegate for every million votes it received at the last election, and is guaranteed a minimum of one delegate (no matter how few votes it won). For example...

I put together a proposal (sitting down, not actually formally proposed yet) for something like that for a supranational parliament for CARICOM, like the European Parliament.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Farsun » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:58 pm

That would be tough with the parties, it'd be a lot of turnover. What the idea was is that the RP Team would be in charge of selecting 1 representative from the largest party and the second largest and then they would represent the nation as a whole as ambassadors as sorts, because traditionally the largest and 2nd largest are at odds with each and would provide for players to be involved.
Farsun

Postby Amazeroth » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:09 am

Farsun wrote:That would be tough with the parties, it'd be a lot of turnover. What the idea was is that the RP Team would be in charge of selecting 1 representative from the largest party and the second largest and then they would represent the nation as a whole as ambassadors as sorts, because traditionally the largest and 2nd largest are at odds with each and would provide for players to be involved.

I'd have the parties vote for one representative for the whole country. It would make it more likely that parties actually interested in doing this RP would get chosen.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Farsun » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:11 am

Amazeroth wrote:
Farsun wrote:That would be tough with the parties, it'd be a lot of turnover. What the idea was is that the RP Team would be in charge of selecting 1 representative from the largest party and the second largest and then they would represent the nation as a whole as ambassadors as sorts, because traditionally the largest and 2nd largest are at odds with each and would provide for players to be involved.

I'd have the parties vote for one representative for the whole country. It would make it more likely that parties actually interested in doing this RP would get chosen.

Naturally, there are many options to consider. Its tough to get parties active enough to select one person, but the time that the party is selected, it could be end of the term or whatever. My fail safe to that would be to, after a certain amount of time, to just fill it with an NPC that is controlled by the RP Team.
Farsun

Postby Lionking » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Aquinas wrote:I've long been keen on some kind of United Nations-style organisation for Particracy, and Farsun, myself and others have talked about this in the past.

I like this idea. This could also lead to parties of different countries unite in one bloc and working together. Then these party organisations will finally have some purpose in the game. It will also increase in cooperation.
Lionking

Postby Farsun » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:48 pm

You also have to remember that is a lot of overhead to manage, that is why I want something like an RP-Team to be able to manage this. The RP Team is essential to the success of these operations and thats why Im pushing for it.
Farsun

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Since I'm not playing anymore, I could help do the RP thing.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby PaleRider » Mon May 04, 2015 1:13 am

Farsun wrote:I've come up with some ideas over the years and I figured I'd see what the people thought. I've come back and will likely be back for a while seeing as summer is ahead of us and I have a lot more time on my hands with a career in the works. So here are some of my ideas for a re-invigorated PT Classic.

I have a dream that one day, PT will not be judged by the color of her parties but by the content of their RP! lol :D

1) Introduction of a volunteer RP Team. These volunteers would help manage a Moderator created UN-esque organization which would give representation to all countries in the game. This would allow players to come together and work together or against each other; allowing the development of realistic geopolitics.

This would be fun! Though perhaps allow these in game moderators to be a little more troublesome? Like allow them to perhaps start natural disasters, maybe scattered terrorist attacks. It could really allow us to branch out into non-govt related international and intra-national actions and relationships. And given how often random things happen in the world, it would be interesting shake ups from time to time.
As for the UN proposal, i echo Aqunias's concerns however I do believe that should we ever get a large enough base of players that is consistently active in multiple countries across the world then we could go full throttle UN. Until then I think we should emulate the Concert of Europe here in PT (called the Concert of Terra) where the most active and generally powerful nations of PT would shape world events. A G-10 or something along those lines is what I am shooting for. And of course we should be focusing on regional international development too, like the AU, MU, maybe regional defense pacts? things of that nature.

2) Introduction of commodities. This would allow players to opt-in and participate in economic RP. This would be accompanied by a map of resources throughout the world, it would be realistic by region. It would be an official map that gave players something tangible to hold onto and defend and give people a reason to go to war. For instance having oil and having oil actually having an effect on a nations economy, if another player captures it, then it would be bad.

I've always been fuzzy on economics but distributing resources would be a great idea. Though in my opinion we would really need to flesh out in better detail the geography of Terra and the individual nations.

3) Introduction of new rules for war and conflict RPs. Essentially writing new Rildanor Accords and changing things around. Much of this work has been done through OTAF, my project I started years ago. That would allow more fluid RP and whatnot when it came to conflicts. Essentially this would be removing hard limits on troops short of what your actual budget could support.

Hehe well, we've long butted heads over this issue but I can support you here. All I ask is removal of troop limits, placing RP limits on the effectiveness of conscripts (as a war drags on and you have to draft more and more of your people their fighting ability lessens), and stringent restrictions on development and use of nuclear weapons (chem, bio or even dirty bombs and other radiological weapons inflict far less broad damage). Perhaps also more oversight of which nations are in a position to develop their own domestic arms industries (beyond being copycats of others that is) along with missile developments and the like.

4) Moderator/RP Team created events that would spur players to react, some through the UN-created organization and others through individual means. This is more or less consensus decisions about

see above

5) Working on editing population numbers with Wouter to allow more variance between nations.

This would be a fantastic idea! Perhaps even be able to change ministers? Like create and change the name of different ministries?

6) Perhaps investing in research of skins for the forum, to make it appear a bit more visually attractive.

7) Advertisements on various RP websites that I've known through my dealings as head of the largest SW RP site on InvisionFree for 8 years.

You have my full support here!
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Next

Return to General