Vision for an updated Particracy Classic

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Vision for an updated Particracy Classic

Postby LukasV » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:44 am

Alright, so beyond Farsun's proposed mechanics, which are hella dope, I think we can also rejuvenate our forum look a little. Yeah, I know that most people don't care if it looks cool or anything since that's not why they're here, but a few aesthetic changes would work nicely in making things feel a lot more homely.

1. Maybe get a new, crisper skin for the forum. The one we have is very generic of all phpBB forums, and we can do much better. At the very least, we can implement a skin chooser that allows some variation in that scheme of things.

2. A Particracy logo. As it stands, all we have as a forum logo is that phpBB thing which isn't exactly the most attractive thing out there, and certainly has nothing to do with Particracy. Perhaps setting up a contest of sorts for a logo would work nicely in choosing something to represent our community. If the national flags are anything to go by, there are enough people here that know how to use photoshop to get a decent image rolled out (JPGs will be automatically disqualified :P)

3. Perhaps a bit of forum rearrangement/addition. Nothing major by way of deleting threads or anything, but we can definitely use some small tweaks, like a wiki link, a game link, a rework of the moderation forum system to streamline the process (I think there might be an application widget or something that might be useful and much more instant in that case).

4. Some small profile tweaks might help with making things easier to use. Perhaps a profile field for adding in your party name/nation (with possible linkability), a field for things like Steam account and such, maybe a recognition system based on players' time at PT; there are certainly a few possibilities to look into.

5. Other ideas that we might come up with. :D

I do have experience with these boards and the settings that they have, so I could potentially play around with these settings and make things happen, but I'm doubtful that moderation would let me poke around there :s Much of it is entirely reversible, so I couldn't cause damage even if I wanted to, which is besides the point.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby CanadianEh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:20 pm

I think the most pressing issue would be changing the populations and scattering bigger and smaller nations and completing the budget section. I think that allowing flexibility with ministries should be a close second. A few more ideas;

Perhaps an economic calculator thst kind of gives you a sense of how your nation is doing economically compared to others and maybe including ultimately what level your country is at? 3rd World, 2nd World or 1st World? They have something similar in NationStates.

Allowing parties to disperse their votes between yes or no if they wish? Holding open votes would really help with my party RP because of different factions. To determine the ideology at the end of the bill it will just take from the side which the most votes are on for instance, if most of the party votes no, the computer will take it as a no vote.

Perhaps a few more laws as well? I think we should really revive the law proposal section and make it more efficent by cutting down on the stages a player has to go through to get their law in the game.

I already told Siggon that I would not be very active in the completion of P1 if it were to happen, but if you guys were to need my help, summer is soon and I would be happy to help when I have the time! :)
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby CanadianEh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Oh yea I can imagine, and I understand that they might get out of control but we could just fix them at the rate they would be set at after the dispersion.

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:32 pm

CanadianEh wrote:Oh yea I can imagine, and I understand that they might get out of control butt we could just fix them at the rate they would be set at after the dispersion.

What Wouter did to fix the population numbers, after they went out of control, was to just restart them from a low number. He made a cap, at about 20,000,000 per region. Eventually, all regions reached that cap. I think the last region to reach there was one of the 2 regions in Vorona.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby CanadianEh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
CanadianEh wrote:Oh yea I can imagine, and I understand that they might get out of control butt we could just fix them at the rate they would be set at after the dispersion.

What Wouter did to fix the population numbers, after they went out of control, was to just restart them from a low number. He made a cap, at about 20,000,000 per region. Eventually, all regions reached that cap. I think the last region to reach there was one of the 2 regions in Vorona.

So then why don't we just fix them at their dispersed numbers?

CanadianEh

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:36 pm

CanadianEh wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:

So then why don't we just fix them at their dispersed numbers?

That will make things more static than they are now. At least now, if you don't have a multiple of 5 as the number of seats in your legislature, some regions get more/less representation than some, and those numbers change. Fixing populations would really leave the difference in representation as permanent.

Nations would be permanently powerful or permanently weak.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby CanadianEh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:50 pm

I don't see that as a problem, since certain players (like myself) would enjoy playing in a lesser populated nation. I also don't think that population makes a nation powerful or weak, I mean the UK is more powerful than India and there is a major population difference.

CanadianEh

Previous

Return to General