Particracy Dev (Siggon World): Announcements & Feedback

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Particracy Dev (Siggon World): Announcements & Feedback

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri May 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Please do not attempt to change the political systems in any of the countries, for the following reasons:

- It has caused crashing of the game twice, because 2 players that tried to change the political system didn't know what they were doing, and they basically made laws that didn't make sense together.
- The point of inviting you to populate the world was to test the different political systems, and how they work out with 2 or more parties in them over the course of several elections when the parties have different ideological stances. There are multiple countries open. If you don't like playing in the political system in the country that you're in, message me and I'll tell you which country has the political system that you want (or possibly create a new country, as I did for someone before).
- The point of this testing phase is to test new systems. Yet, in 2 separate countries, players are trying to change the political system to exactly the same one we use in Particracy Classic. In one such case, a player is setting the upper house and lower house to be elected exactly the same way. What is the point of having 2 houses if you're going to set them up exactly the same way?

I put a lot of work into lobbying, Wouter put a lot of work into development, then I again put work into setting up these tests. I had expected to see creativity, not Blandfest 3.

I have to commend Reddy for giving me certain ideas (and Wouter was made aware that those were Reddy's ideas, which incorporated well with something else Liu Che suggested), and I have to commend Jack for doing the opposite of blanding up his nation. I would also like to thank other players for offering to name territories - (and Liu Che for helping me to name a shit-load of territories in the past) - I'm going to need that help very soon.

-

You're still free to change any of the other variables, like the regular laws, and debate on those.

If you really really want to change the political system, please consult me to find out what the variables mean, or what a country's current setup is. My setups aren't permanent. They will all be reversed at the launch of the game, and every nation will do what it wants to do. Right now, however, I'm trying to test different political systems and how they function with multiple parties. I can't do that by myself, or even with just 2 other persons.

You may also give general feedback on the new features. They would be helpful. Keep in mind that not all new features have been implemented, so what you're seeing isn't some final product, so don't assume anything is going to be missing from the final product. Feedback on already-implemented features would be useful. Questions about future/new features that haven't been implemented yet should go to the other thread.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Re: OOC: General Announcements & Feedback

Postby seanrutter » Fri May 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Sorry Siggon, didn't realise. Thanks for clarifying.

Lots of potential here, let me know if I can help further.
seanrutter

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri May 29, 2015 7:27 pm

seanrutter wrote:Sorry Siggon, didn't realise. Thanks for clarifying.

No problem. It's just a general announcement for the future as well.
It was my bad for not saying things earlier.

seanrutter wrote:Lots of potential here, let me know if I can help further.

I'd love some help with naming when I'm creating the Anglophone country.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby seanrutter » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:34 pm

seanrutter wrote:Lots of potential here, let me know if I can help further.

I'd love some help with naming when I'm creating the Anglophone country.[/quote]

Great! Let me know what's needed and I'll help!
seanrutter

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:06 am

The date isn't changing. Wouter knows. It's a bug related to a new feature he implemented. He is working on it.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:The date isn't changing. Wouter knows. It's a bug related to a new feature he implemented. He is working on it.

Wouter was still doing work today. Thanks to players who proposed bills; it helped to spot a bug.
Time should move like normal now.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:12 pm

2 bugs I've noticed...

1) The visibility displays got messed up and replaced with some pink text, for some players.
2) Since Tuesday, elections haven't been updating the party pages.

I notified Wouter this morning.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:2 bugs I've noticed...

1) The visibility displays got messed up and replaced with some pink text, for some players.
2) Since Tuesday, elections haven't been updating the party pages.

I notified Wouter this morning.

These were both fixed yesterday.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:05 am

2 new variables were added.
Siggon Kristov

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:25 pm

I wouldn't mind getting in on the ground floor of this
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Next

Return to General