Moderator appointment: Aquinas

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Moderator appointment: Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:39 am

By now many of you know already that I have been appointed to serve as a Moderator. It promises to be an interesting ride and I am looking forward to learning the ropes and getting down to business. I owe thanks to Wouter for giving me the opportunity, and to Amazeroth who put in a good word for me. I also want to thank our former Mods TheNewGuy/Zanz and Liu Che, who have very kindly made themselves available to me as sources of advice/technical assistance. As a novice to this, I am probably going to make a few mistakes (if I haven't made any already!), so be patient with me. We will get there, I promise!

You may be familiar with me already, as I'm a regular on the forum (have I *really* made more than 2000 posts?). At the moment I'm playing a feminist party in Selucia, though I've been here there and everywhere in my time. But probably more in Dranland than anywhere else (no Dranland jokes, Lukas!).

You will all be wondering about Amazeroth. I understand contact has been made with him. He has had some issues which have gotten in the way of Particracy for a while, but his return is expected. And may I say from my point of view - eagerly looked forward to! I well appreciate the frustrations with the backlogs over the last days. Never forget, though, that Particracy volunteers are just that - volunteers. There are times when "real life" gets in the way. Amazeroth is a busy person and can't always get on as much as he would like to, but I have no hesitation in saying he believes in Particracy. Over a number of years he's been a massive contributor to the game, both as a player and a Moderator, and there have been moments when I think it might be no understatement to say he's held the whole thing together. So please let's go easy on Amazeroth. We owe him, trust me!

Now for some not so good news: I will be out of the country from 6th to 16th June and I can't guarantee that I'll have good access to technology. This was all planned over a year ago, when I had no idea of what would be happening right now in Particracy. I will do my best to get on, but I can't promise anything, so if there are absences in that period, you know why. And please behave yourselves (please, begging, pretty please!...).

On another subject, I have decided, at least for now, not to make decisions on Cultural Protocol changes until Amazeroth's return, as I'd really rather work through those issues together with him. I appreciate this will be frustrating for those of you who have got plans in the making and are looking forward to the RP that surrounds exciting demographic changes. Don't worry though; if things go on, I will begin making those decisions myself.

Anyway, it's gone 1am here in the UK, so this is about enough from me for now. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all and having fun. I love you all (honest!).

And one last word, whatever the cynics say...Particracy is the online political simulation game.
Aquinas

Re: Moderator appointment: Aquinas

Postby Polites » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:47 am

Congrats Aquinas, and good luck!
Polites

Postby CanadianEh » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:54 am

Congrats! :D
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:50 am

Aquinas wrote:I also want to thank our former Mods TheNewGuy/Zanz

Stop, don't make me look decent in public, you're ruining my street cred.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:52 am

Aquinas wrote:I will be out of the country from 6th to 16th June and I can't guarantee that I'll have good access to technology. This was all planned over a year ago, when I had no idea of what would be happening right now in Particracy. I will do my best to get on, but I can't promise anything, so if there are absences in that period, you know why.

Yeah; you can't be bashed for this.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Theoden » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:06 am

Good to hear. Good luck.
Theoden

Postby Kubrick » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:48 am

Congrats, Aquinas! A well-deserved time sink for you.

TheNewGuy wrote:

Oh, by the way, don't bother showing up at the clubhouse this weekend. Things changed.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Kubrick wrote:Congrats, Aquinas! A well-deserved time sink for you.

TheNewGuy wrote:

Oh, by the way, don't bother showing up at the clubhouse this weekend. Things changed.

:( look at what you did, Aquinas.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

TheNewGuy

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:19 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:
Kubrick wrote:
TheNewGuy wrote:you're ruining my street cred.

You had no street cred. Kubrick was going to kick you out of the clubhouse 2 weeks ago. He only let you in because you had that cool Talmorian action figure, but one of the arms got broken off so it doesn't mean anything anymore.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:23 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
TheNewGuy wrote:
Kubrick wrote:Oh, by the way, don't bother showing up at the clubhouse this weekend. Things changed.

You had no street cred. Kubrick was going to kick you out of the clubhouse 2 weeks ago. He only let you in because you had that cool Talmorian action figure, but one of the arms got broken off so it doesn't mean anything anymore.

This is the WORST day.

TheNewGuy

Next

Return to General