Help: Language Assistance

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Language assistance requests

Postby IdioC » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:28 pm

Aquinas: I'm not sure whether I'll return to play yet, but it will cross my mind. I deliberately block/banned myself at the end of the Inquisition episode so would likely start from scratch somewhere (or come back to Jelbania perhaps).

Kubrick: I'll be sure to keep it up then. Maybe split it into sections in future. Maybe something more elaborate if time permits.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Aquinas » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:48 pm

I'd be very happy to unblock/unban those accounts if you give me the links for them, IdioC.
Aquinas

Postby TheNewGuy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:21 pm

IdioC wrote:or come back to Jelbania perhaps

If you do, let me know. Messages on the forum come to my email. I'd like to play with you, if I have the chance.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby IdioC » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:00 am

TheNewGuy wrote:I'd like to play with you, if I have the chance.

Ooo. Matron.

Something big on the horizon IRL so now's not the time... but at some future point I might. More as I know.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby utoronto » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:42 pm

FYI: I'm available for Polish + French language assistance.
Platforma Walruzyjska
utoronto

Location: RL: Poland+France+Canada / IC: Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska

Postby Kubrick » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Polish and French? You don't like easy languages do you? ;)
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby utoronto » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Kubrick wrote:Polish and French? You don't like easy languages do you? ;)

Not really lol. I also tried learning German the same I did Polish...not the brightest idea, and massive fail. And the worst part is that I found Polish significantly easier to learn than German.

I've pretty much forgotten German except for "Hallo. Alles gut! Ich spreche kein Deutsch. Ich trinke Kaffee. Kaffee is schwarz. Tschus!", which made for very awkward moments when I was on a work trip to Berlin.
Last edited by utoronto on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Platforma Walruzyjska
utoronto

Postby Aquinas » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Thanks for volunteering, utoronto. You're added to the list!
Aquinas

Postby Kubrick » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:51 pm

utoronto wrote:

Not really lol. I also tried learning German the same I did Polish...not the brightest idea, and massive fail. And the worst part is that I found Polish significantly easier to learn than German.

I've pretty much forgotten German except for "Hallo. Alles gut! Ich spreche kein Deutsch. Ich trinke Kaffee. Kaffee is schwarz. Tschus!", which made for very awkward moments when I was on a work trip to Berlin.

Fascinating! I guess it's probably what you were raised with, for a Dutch person German comes with relative ease (except for that hideous grammar), English is fairly easy as well. I failed massively at French though.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby utoronto » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Kubrick wrote:
utoronto wrote:

Fascinating! I guess it's probably what you were raised with, for a Dutch person German comes with relative ease (except for that hideous grammar), English is fairly easy as well. I failed massively at French though.

Nope. Didn't pick up Polish until 4th year undergraduate at Uni. I actually grew up only knowing English and French (I'm actually an Anglo, but English-speaking Canadians born into the post-1980s era were required (tho I could be wrong) to go through some exercise of "national unity"; i.e. learn some French. My parents decided to go to the extreme and placed me in a French immersion programme, which resulted in French being my first/primary language of instruction/schooling).
Platforma Walruzyjska
utoronto

PreviousNext

Return to General