Goodbye

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Goodbye

Postby Leonardo222 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:38 am

Dear players,

I just wanted to say goodbye and wish friend or foe well in everything they do.I think we had our differences but we were working on a compromise but this sadly was interrupted by Aquinas decision after I complied with every singel rule and initatiated the search for a long-term compromise in Selucia.

I hope that the new developements go well and after four years I say goodbye once and for all our of sheer disppointment. Of course the planned dontation will also be cancelled but I suppose this does not matter any more.

Probably it is better, because my post in the student parliament will require mucht time. I hope also that the new developements go well in the game and I hope that "Particracy II" will come up again. I also would like to ask to deactivate me on the new particracy game. (http://dev.particracy.net/party/208544)

See you and goodbye! A hearty goobye especially to Kubrick and Polites. I hereby apologize for all the occasions I said more then I should have said or for declaring "unrestricted personal war". I wish you all the luck in the world in future. I am just a human, I make mistakes.

KBO :)

Leonardo222 alias John John
Leonardo222

Re: Goodbye

Postby Kubrick » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 am

The best of luck in your student parliament, JJ!
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Reddy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:51 am

Goodbye. I'd like to tell lies and say I will miss you, but the honest truth is I won't. You were quite amusing though in the past few months, a comic relief like few others here and this community is at times a true clown college. Enjoy hero-worshiping those great heroes of yours, Ian Smith, PW Botha etc.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Polites » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Our time together in Selucia was... interesting. Good luck with the student parliament!
Polites

Postby Leonardo222 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:47 pm

Given this situation, I need to require you to change your party name to something in according with Selucia's Cultural Protocols. I suggest Latin/Selucian, as that is Selucia's main language. Google translate (see https://translate.google.co.uk/ ) would help you with that. You are also entitled to have your party name in English.

I also need to require you to change the names of your German/Dundorfian politicians, both on your party description page and in your list of party candidates. Selucian/Latin names will do. Random Name Generator could help you there (see http://www.behindthename.com/random/ ). Just generate random names for "Ancient Roman" and use them for first and second names.

If you do not comply with this request, we will be looking at a situation where I would be expected to deactivate your party in Selucia.

This was sent to my by Aquinas and I fulfilled all the points within 24 hours, as reqired and when I may add, those 24 hours are not over yet.

There is no singel german name left or connected to the former KLP now named LP (Liberal Party). Even the party description is now changed and the following is inserted: "LP stands for Liberal Party."

There is no rule which allows or indeed supports the action of Aquinas. Of course, I am silent if he can prove the other way but hes has never refered to a rule when bannning me.
Leonardo222

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Leonardo222 wrote:
According to Leonardo222, Aquinas wrote:Given this situation, I need to require you to change your party name to something in according with Selucia's Cultural Protocols. I suggest Latin/Selucian, as that is Selucia's main language. Google translate (see https://translate.google.co.uk/ ) would help you with that. You are also entitled to have your party name in English.

I also need to require you to change the names of your German/Dundorfian politicians, both on your party description page and in your list of party candidates. Selucian/Latin names will do. Random Name Generator could help you there (see http://www.behindthename.com/random/ ). Just generate random names for "Ancient Roman" and use them for first and second names.

If you do not comply with this request, we will be looking at a situation where I would be expected to deactivate your party in Selucia.

This was sent to my by Aquinas and I fulfilled all the points within 24 hours, as reqired and when I may add, those 24 hours are not over yet.

There is no singel german name left or connected to the former KLP now named LP (Liberal Party). Even the party description is now changed and the following is inserted: "LP stands for Liberal Party."

I don't see where he said anything about 24 hours. Did he deactivate you after you already made the changes?

Leonardo222 wrote:There is no rule which allows or indeed supports the action of Aquinas. Of course, I am silent if he can prove the other way but hes has never refered to a rule when bannning me.

He hasn't banned you. He is enforcing cultural protocols. He didn't say that you can't play the game anymore. I really think it makes more sense to just move to a German nation.

We used to have the Pax Cynica and all, which gave outlines as to what specific penalties applied to what specific offences. Things changed, and moderators don't have any constitution-like restrictions on their power. We can bash and criticise them if we think they are being unfair, but they don't have a guideline on how to use their power. Even when we had the Pax Cynica, I must say, they still didn't refer to specific rules when dishing out judgements (and it's an issue I raised). Still, rules restrict us, and Aquinas was in fact using Rule #6.

It is our responsibility to be familiar with the rules. Aquinas is a new mod, and knowing how he is, he might take our suggestions if we frame them a certain way. So in the future, we might see him sending links to the rules and citing specific rules when we break them, and we might see him sending links to where we committed whatever offence (for our convenience). These things matter, and you may think he's being unfair, but the better thing to do is to work it out with him. Being all dramatic on the forum won't help at this point.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Leonardo222 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:46 pm

I don't see where he said anything about 24 hours. Did he deactivate you after you already made the changes?

This was a massage later. I asked how much time I had and he replied, that I had 24 hours. After I made the changes I was deactivated.

And I see the point about cultural protocols but after the changes there was no longer any violation of the cultural protocols. But thank you for the explanation. It gave a great inside into the work of mods.

Nevertheless, I hope that it will be reviewed.

Addendum: After the the changes I am further from german away then any other player.
Leonardo222

Postby Leonardo222 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:54 pm

And there is also the question whether this ruling does inflict with the decision made by Amazeroth on the 16, April 2015 on the issue:

Considering the question of the legality of the new protocols I've posted my answer in the other thread. As to the rest - while the declaration of "sheer and unrestricted personal war" is rather extreme, as long as no rules are violated, there's not much I'm inclined to do here (other than saying "play nice" or something). The protocols will pass unless there is no evidence brought up against their legality, and while any party is free to not actively participate in RP, there are already rules concerning internal RP and how it affects parties.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4176&start=330

This ruling does fundamentally goes against the main reason I was deactivated.
Leonardo222

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Leonardo222 wrote:And there is also the question whether this ruling does inflict with the decision made by Amazeroth on the 16, April 2015 on the issue:

Considering the question of the legality of the new protocols I've posted my answer in the other thread. As to the rest - while the declaration of "sheer and unrestricted personal war" is rather extreme, as long as no rules are violated, there's not much I'm inclined to do here (other than saying "play nice" or something). The protocols will pass unless there is no evidence brought up against their legality, and while any party is free to not actively participate in RP, there are already rules concerning internal RP and how it affects parties.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4176&start=330

This ruling does fundamentally goes against the main reason I was deactivated.

In my last post, I tried to explain to you that we no longer have some codified legal system. Aquinas' ruling does not have to be consistent with Amazeroth's. I don't like that, but it's just how it is at the moment. By the way, Amazeroth said that there was not much he was inclined to do, but he did not say that there was anything restricting him from doing something.

And by the way, that post by Amazeroth was addressing "personal war" - not cultural protocols - when he said he wasn't going to do anything.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby LukasV » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:02 pm

I was under the impression that under Amazeroth's administration, the cultural protocols were suspended for the most part (ie not enforced by moderation) due to a number of problems and non-adherences to that. This seems like a gross overreaction from the side of Moderation to suddenly install a "do or die" ultimatum on players based on no formal announcement of their reinstatement.

But that stuff aside, can we really afford to start booting players? We're spread thin as is; Aquinas' message seemed to be much more commanding as opposed to a nudge in the right direction.

If you do decide to call it quits over this, I bid you good luck, Leonardo.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Next

Return to General