Be aware!: temporary 4-day inactivation limit coming up

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Be aware!: temporary 4-day inactivation limit coming up

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:43 pm

As I announced earlier, from 6th-16th June I will be away from home and cannot guarantee whether I will be able to attend to Particracy, or if I can attend to it, how easily my technology will allow me to use the controls (so don't be surprised if I become sporadic).

It has always been the convention for Moderation to inactivate users after 7 days of not logging in. Due to issues at our end, Moderation was not able to enforce this convention during the last part of May, resulting in a backlog. As a passionate long-time player myself, I appreciate the in-game issues that arise from players not logging in. Not that I want to sound like I'm criticising those players mind you; there are all kinds of reasons why people don't get to log in, and most of us (including me) have missed Bill votes etc. at some time or other.

But to get to the point: given that you have just been through a period where there has been a backlog in inactivations, and given also that there seems to be a prospect of the same thing happening again, I have decided to bend the rules a little.

On Friday 5th June I plan to go through the list I have in Mod Admin controls and inactivate all parties which have not logged in for FOUR days (as opposed to the usual 7). Depending on the situation, there is a possibility I will do the same ritual again during the period I am away from home.

Apologies in advance to those to whom inactivation comes as an unwelcome and unexpected surprise. I realise the unfairness, given the usual 7 day rule. Please do not feel "sanctioned" in any way if this happens to you; this is simply a decision that, in the circumstances, I believe is in the best interests of the playing community.

Of course, any user whose account is inactivated for not logging in is free, provided they respect the rules on multi'ing and everything else, to set up a new party in either the nation they were in or in another nation. They are also free to request reactivation - although don't be surprised if the Moderation response there is delayed.

I hope this decision will be understood. And as always, enjoy the game!
Aquinas

Re: Be aware!: temporary 4-day inactivation limit coming up

Postby LukasV » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Or Wouter could get more mods. We're still sitting at one (maybe 1.5 if we count Amazeroth), and that's not enough, especially if one of them needs time off, in which case we're left with none. Which will be the resulting situation, as you've said.

I'd nominate myself, purely on the basis that I don't mind doing the maintenance work and am more or less online everyday. Not to mention the forum improvements I have in mind, but I'm told that Wouter doesn't let anyone even touch forum controls, which seems silly considering his day-to-day availability as an admin. Or rather lack thereof.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby albatrosinus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Great news!
Who are you and why are you watching this?
albatrosinus

Postby CanadianEh » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Could we keep these new 4 day laws? Or maybe instead of bouncing back to the usual 7 afterwards we just go to 5 days?
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:09 pm

CanadianEh wrote:Could we keep these new 4 day laws? Or maybe instead of bouncing back to the usual 7 afterwards we just go to 5 days?

4-days is what we use in Lodamun. I think it's better than 7 days.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Batman337 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Why don't we just have an LOA thread.
Independent Consul Party- Inactive

Voronan National People's Party- Inactive

Reformist Party- Inactive

HNHP- Active
Batman337

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:11 am

I have gone through my list and several parties have now been inactivated under the temporary 4-day inactivation limit rule. If you notice any parties which have been inactive longer than 4 days but somehow didn't appear on my list (don't know whether that is possible or not...) then feel free to report them on the Inactive parties thread. But obviously, don't be surprised if my response there is delayed.

There is a possibility I will do the same ritual over the next 10 days. As explained before, the purpose of this is to prevent a backlog of inactive parties building up, due to me having problems accessing Particracy (which could be about to become a possibility).
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Since I got on today, I did another sweep of parties that haven't logged in for 4 days or more.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Just did it again.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:51 pm

And again.
Aquinas

Next

Return to General