Be aware!: temporary 4-day inactivation limit coming up

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Be aware!: temporary 4-day inactivation limit coming up

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:24 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=22962

If you can, keep an eye on this guy when you log in after his 4 day period (which ends in about 7 hours), please. He's hogging a lot of seats that I'd just love to fill with my own senators in our next election ;)
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:55 pm

Done it again.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:18 am

Done again.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Just did a few more.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Done again.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:33 pm

And again.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:10 pm

I am still away from home but my date of return (16th) is close, so I can't really continue to justify doing the regular culls of parties which haven't logged in for 4 days or more. So we are now back to the normal 7 day rule.

Since I was able to access Particracy more regularly than I thought I would be able to do, we have had, in effect, a period of about a week where the 4 day rule was imposed daily. It wasn't planned that way, but that is how it turned out. This is probably the first time in Particracy's history when we have had an "experiment" (so to speak) like this.

Some of you have told me you think the 4 day rule is a big improvement on the 7 day rule, and would like to see it continued permanently. I know some others of you have been "caught out" by the rule and put in requests to be reactivated.

From my own perspective I can report that going through the list of users and inactivating the ones that hadn't logged in for 4 days was just a small chore, little more than clicking a few buttons. It was never necessary to inactivate more than a few users each day. So continuing with a 4 day rule would, so far as I can see, not place an undue burden on me.

Let me be clear that going down to 4 days is not a decision I would take by myself. I would need to consult with Amazeroth, and Wouter, of course has final authority on this and other issues to do with the running of the game. I would also want to hear what your views were before wanting to change anything.

So feel free to feedback to me, tell me what you think.
Aquinas

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:22 pm

Aquinas wrote:Some of you have told me you think the 4 day rule is a big improvement on the 7 day rule, and would like to see it continued permanently.

We had a discussion on this over 2 years ago.
Persons can read that thread and see the points that were made that favoured/opposed a 4-day limit.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Kubrick » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:44 am

I think with the activity level of Aquinas (taking in account that he will remain this active) I think that the 4-day inactivation limit is perfect. Waiting a week to get rid of that one inactive party in a nation is pretty long, the best argument I could make against making it shorter is that it can take a while to get reactivated. But the response times of Aquinas are almost instant, since he's got no life. Just kidding. Or am I?
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby albatrosinus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:16 pm

It has been 2 IC years without a stable government in Beluzia!

Why? Because a left-wing party is no longer logging in... Thus nobody have the majority, and no block wants a coalition government.

With the 4 days limit, he would already be gone, and we would have had a government (probably leftist).

Now we are stuck. There is also the National Party - which never was active - which has been inactive for 4 days... and he was the 8th party, so no new players might come. Pretty lame since I invited my friend to play in Beluzia too... (fortunately, he can't do this before Thursday, so they will already be inactive.)

Anyway, on many points, the 4-days limit could ensure a much better experience for all players.
Who are you and why are you watching this?
albatrosinus

PreviousNext

Return to General