Protecting your Particracy password and personal security

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Protecting your Particracy password and personal security

Postby Aquinas » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:44 pm

As some of you know, we have had issues lately with scamsters impersonating Moderation and trying to trick people into giving away their Particracy passwords in return for promises of in-game advantages, so that they can then wrest control of the victim's Particracy user account. A genuine Particracy Moderator will never approach you with such schemes; that is simply not how the game works. Nor will he offer you in-game advantages in return for money.

Please, please always keep you Particracy password secure. Take care also not to share any other potentially sensitive details. In particular, do not hand over sensitive bank or credit card details.

These tricksters rely on people being too embarrassed/uncomfortable to come forward after being exploited. Please do not let them win. It is surprisingly easy to have a temporary lapse of judgement, especially in a moment of personal vulnerability and especially on the internet. If you ever get into a difficulty like this, please come to me. I will not judge you and I will deal with the problem discreetly and sensitively. You will not be penalised in any way. By coming to me, you will help catch the culprit before he does the same thing to somebody else.

I can be contacted either through private message (pm) on this forum or in-game at the in-game Moderation Account: http://classic.particracy.net/viewuser.php?userid=15097

If, for whatever reason, Moderation appears to be absent during a situation like this, please free free to contact the game onwer, Wouter Lievens, at lievenswouter@gmail.com

Thank you for your attention.
Aquinas

Return to General