Particracy's FAQ

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Particracy's FAQ

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Q: There are old bills on our nation page that we don't need any more. How do I get rid of them?

A: If the bill is your own, you can go into the bill yourself and remove it. Similarly, if the bill belongs to another active player in your nation, you can ask that player if they want to remove it. Where the bill was created by a party that is now inactive, all you need to do is link the bill(s) in the "Bill Clearouts Request" thread (see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4363 ) and Moderation will clear them out for you.

Q: A Party Organization I'm a member of has no leaders. What can I do about this?

A: If the Party Organization has no full members then Moderation is likely to delete it. However, if the organization has active members, then a post a link to the "Unwanted and Leaderless Party Organizations" thread (see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4366 ) . If the organization has up to 3 active full members, then Moderation will promote them all to leadership positions. Should there be more than 3 active full members, then Moderation will hold an arbitration to allow the full members to elect a new leader from amongst themselves.
Aquinas

Postby SSLU » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:15 am

Aquinas, may I also suggest something? :D

Q: Where can I find a current map of Terra?

A: It is not entirely up-to-date, but it is the latest: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/par ... 1118205646

Q: Wow! Why does this map vary so much from the map that can be seen on the game site?

A: Colonization, colonization and once again colonization. In an earlier period of the game's history, there had been ideas to add more nations to the game, and that grey space to the east was a potential home for them. Later on, the grey space became "the colonies", which were role-played by certain nations which owned them. Back in April 2015, players in the colony-owning nations decided to set them free. Nowadays they are unplayable independent countries that can no longer be reoccupied, but nevertheless they are still there and offer an interesting dynamic to role-play.

Q: Where are Lourenne and Talmoria? I can't see them on the map!

A: The other thing to note is that Lourenne and Talmoria, despite being playable nations in the game, are in the grey area of the official map of Terra that you see in the game. You're still using the old map, aren't you?

I decided to paste some of your random fact proposals, thus the credit for these goes to you, Aquinas. ;)
I'm back. Back at it again with the white vans.
SSLU

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:25 am

Excellent thinking, SSLU! I've had a go at shortening it a bit. What do you make of this?

Q: Can you tell me more about the map of Terra?

A: The map of Terra can be seen here: http://classic.particracy.net/world.php

You will notice there is a large grey space to the east. In an earlier period of the game's history, there had been plans to add more nations, and that grey space was a potential home for them. Later on, the grey space became "the colonies", which were role-played by certain nations which owned them. Then, in April 2015, players in the colony-owning nations decided to set them free. And so today they are unplayable, independent countries which, under the rules, can no longer be reoccupied.

Nevertheless, they are still there and continue to offer an interesting dynamic to role-play. In all instances where referencing a playable nation would not be considered an illegal role-play, referencing a colony in a similar way would not be considered illegal either.

Notice also that Lourenne, Talmoria and parts of Sekowo, despite being playable nations in the game, are in the grey part of the map.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:50 am

Another of your questions has inspired me to attempt to draft another FAQ, SSLU...

Q: Is it okay for a real-life friend of mine to join the game?

A: Absolutely! Particracy always needs new players!

There are some important things to be aware of, however. It is against the rules for players to run more than one active player account at a time, and Moderation may inactivate accounts if it suspects this is happening. In order to avoid suspicion, it would be best to avoid logging in from the same IP address as your friend. This would mean, for example, that you should not log in to Particracy from the same computer or mobile device.

If you know you have both logged in from the same IP address or are likely to log in from the same IP address in future, each of you should inform Moderation, giving details of your user name, party name, nation name, internet access point (eg. home, school, university) and an email address which you check with reasonable regularity. You should also update us if you create a new user account.

It is also important that you should both play the game independently, should not share your passwords and should not access each other's accounts.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:48 am

As a few of you may have noticed, Particracy now has a new FAQ. It is not as long and comprehensive as I originally intended it to be. This is because I realised the controls do not really make that easy to do. For example we can't put in a table of contents with links at the top of the page and we can't insert paragraph spaces. So the FAQ is going to remain pretty short and basic, although I hope it will be a useful resource, both for new players and for more experienced players who want to direct new players to somewhere to go to for help. In particular, note that the Cultural Protocol requirements are now explicitly referred to in the FAQ.

The wording of the FAQ can be changed fairly easily, so if there is anything you think we can do to improve it, please do not hesitate to put your suggestions forward. Just bear in mind the FAQ needs to be quite short and basic.

Longer-term, we are hoping to provide a more comprehensive guide to the game on the wiki, which will include describing some of the slightly more complicated procedures, such as how to change a nation from a republic to a monarchy and vice versa, and how to go about reforming a nation's Cultural Protocols.
Aquinas

Previous

Return to General