Lodamun's Currency

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Should the LOD be the "default and official" international currency of Terra?

Yes; it is the strongest currency so it should play that role.
25%
No; let roleplay factors determine the importance of currencies.
75%

Total votes : 20

Re: Lodamun's Currency

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Reddy wrote:If the roleplayer's as committed as you are with the spreadsheets, it would be OK to have an RP based institution however I can think of a number of examples of RP based institutions (I'm not just referring to financial/economic ones) which had been created and swiftly neglected. Usually it doesn't matter much because of they are little consequence.

These petty attempts can be ignored, and a committed attempt can be rewarded with recognition.

Reddy wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:Do you think that Moderation should prevent players from publishing statistics in currencies of their choice?

No, Moderation should not prevent that from happening.

Ah, this is the matter I was trying to resolve, as this is what Farsun and Afrocentric had implied. Thanks for answering.

Reddy wrote:However I think it would be better to have one currency (formally or informally) used for (at least) simple RP related transactions such as the example of an arms deal or even the new AIIB . It doesn't have to be the LOD (personally I prefer that it remains as the LOD)

That's understandable. I agree that it wouldn't make sense to publish statistics in a different currency each time.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby CanadianEh » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:23 pm

In the past 300 years Lodamun has kept itself very isolated from the rest of the Terran Nations. It would make sense to let RP dictate the most commonly used international currency. It would be cool to see two financial alliances compete against each other, economically.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby J4C0B65 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:13 pm

It shouldn't be the value of the currency that matters, but the GDP of the country concerned.

At the moment the two richest nations in Terra are Trigunia and Rildanor.

Well Trigunia, is technically a nationalist dictatorship, which isolates itself from the rest of Terra (Although it is improving), whereas Rildanor is an internationalist nation, also the founding nation of SATO.

So technically it should be Rildanor, however some countries may see Trigunia as friendly and wish to adopt Trigunia as their "international currency."

What I am saying is that there can be more than one currency.
Classic Particracy

Parti Conservateur Democratique (Lourenne) - Inactive
Parti Conservateur Democratique (Rildanor) - Inactive
Partido Nacional (Gaduridos) - Inactive
National Conservative Party (Beiteynu) - Inactive
J4C0B65

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:24 pm

I would appreciate if persons read the entire thread before commenting, so that they don't repeat nonsense or force others to repeat anything.

J4C0B65 wrote:It shouldn't be the value of the currency that matters, but the GDP of the country concerned.

At the moment the two richest nations in Terra are Trigunia and Rildanor.

And that can change in an instant. We can't keep changing the international currency every second, just because a new nation has the highest GDP.

J4C0B65 wrote:Well Trigunia, is technically a nationalist dictatorship, which isolates itself from the rest of Terra (Although it is improving), whereas Rildanor is an internationalist nation, also the founding nation of SATO.

So technically it should be Rildanor, however some countries may see Trigunia as friendly and wish to adopt Trigunia as their "international currency."

This isn't a debate about whether the international currency should be Trigunia's, Rildanor's, or Lodamun's. It's not a discussion about which country should host the international currency. It's a debate about whether Lodamun's status as the financial centre of the world must be protected by Moderation.

J4C0B65 wrote:What I am saying is that there can be more than one currency.

That complicates things.
But yes, different persons can use different currencies when comparing global statistics. My spreadsheet allows displays to be done in more than just 1 currency.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Previous

Return to General