Particracy economics brainstorm (was Economic Protocols)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Particracy economics brainstorm (was Economic Protocols)

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:49 am

I definitely think Moderation should revise these and implement them in a way that supports realism. In terms of soft development, these are extremely important and the key to future soft development.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Re: Economic Protocols

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:13 am

Noted, Liu Che. Any ideas/proposals for change would be welcome.
Aquinas

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:16 am

Farsun's idea of a "resource map" is a possibility, keeping the LOD as the currency of comparison (this doesn't have to mean reserve currency), making choices for taxes and variables matter (the intent of these protocols), along with implementing something with regards to trade.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:25 am

Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:Farsun's idea of a "resource map" is a possibility, keeping the LOD as the currency of comparison (this doesn't have to mean reserve currency), making choices for taxes and variables matter (the intent of these protocols), along with implementing something with regards to trade.

An imports/exports page is also possible. Remind me to dig up what I've typed about this, and how I can incorporate it into the spreadsheets.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:32 am

Dig up what you've typed up :P
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Zongxian » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:32 am

Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:Farsun's idea of a "resource map" is a possibility

I really like the idea of a resource map. I feel like national resources are overlooked and not much thought is given to what exactly a nation possesses (and what would be logical to possess based on geography and climate).
Zongxian

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:34 am

Zongxian wrote:

I really like the idea of a resource map. I feel like national resources are overlooked and not much thought is given to what exactly a nation possesses (and what would be logical to possess based on geography and climate).

Definitely this ^
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Zongxian » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:37 am

J94CK wrote:
Zongxian wrote:

A "resource map" is all well and good, but who is going to draw-up this "resource map" and how will resources be allocated fairly? If this isn't done correctly it is going to cause quite a bit of upset I imagine. People will be arguing over oil, uranium, trees... :roll:

I think that a truly representative resource map wouldn't necessarily be "100% fair." Not every nation has oil or uranium. It's as simple as that.
Really, this could be an opportunity to open up a completely new aspect of role-play by making players more conscious of their specific limitations and strengths. And it would majorly impact trade RP, which was also mentioned by Liu and Siggon. Free trade agreements and sanctions could actually mean something! And players would be more encouraged to think critically about relations with other nations and how it affects their goals.
Zongxian

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:20 am

Have the Mods collectively develop it basing their findings on climate and geography and then present it to the community for questioning, critiques, etc. That is how things were done under the Darvian Era.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Zongxian » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:15 pm

J94CK wrote:
Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:Have the Mods collectively develop it basing their findings on climate and geography and then present it to the community for questioning, critiques, etc. That is how things were done under the Darvian Era.

I'd support that.

But, I was wondering whether a random element could play a part too simply to erode the "selective" nature of people assigning resources to countries. For example, say every country gets given five main resources. Three will be allocated by the moderators, two will be selected randomly by a random number generator with resources being allocated numbers beforehand.

That would at least give countries in less favourable geographical areas at least a chance of having at least one or two good resources.

I don't think we should be mandating a certain number of resources to countries. That said, consideration should be make towards not overpowering nations that are in resource rich geographic areas.

Overall I think that the comparable size of all the countries allows for there to be at least one or two good resources without the need for random generation.

And consideration should be made for those nations that have RPed possession of certain resources, assuming those claims are geographically/climatically sound.

A final note, few natural resources isn't necessarily unfair; Japan has many disadvantages but look at how well they've developed.
Zongxian

Next

Return to General