Particracy economics brainstorm (was Economic Protocols)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Particracy economics brainstorm (was Economic Protocols)

Postby Aquinas » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:54 am

Would anyone like to attempt a list of the natural resources they envisage being covered by the proposal we're talking about?
Aquinas

Postby Kubrick » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:27 am

I would participate. I think this should be a group effort, one person drafts, another person checks it and adds his opinions/visions, then another guy, then group comments?
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Zongxian » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:01 am

I took Jalal's list and removed non-natural resources, then added those natural resources listed on nation wikis, and, for a few, added possible additional resources. One thing I did was reference to the CIA Factbook (the lists industries and agricultural products) and used that to get an idea of what kind of stuff to list. And, where possible, I looked up the factbooks for countries geographically similar to those in-game to get an idea for resources.

Here is a sample of this thrown together list: (disregard the Dovanian bias; I just scanned through a few pages)

Dankuk
- BEEF
- COAL
- FISHERIES
- FORESTRY
- GRAPHITE
- IRON
- OIL
- POTATOES
- SOYBEANS
- WHALING

Dorvik
- BEETS
- DAIRY PRODUCTS
- FISHERIES
- GRAINS
- IRON
- OIL
- OPAL
- WHEAT

Indrala (they have an extensive wiki)
- APPLES
- BANANAS
- CHROMITE
- COAL
- COCONUTS
- COPPER
- FISHERIES
- FORESTRY
- GINGER
- GYPSUM
- MANGOES
- NICKEL
- OIL
- PEPPERS
- PORK
- RICE
- SILVER
- SUGAR
- SULFUR
- TEA
- TOBACCO
- WHEAT

Jakania
- COLTAN
- COTTON
- GRAINS
- LIVESTOCK
- NATURAL GAS
- OIL
- POULTRY
- QAT

Kazulia
- ALUMINUM
- BEEF
- COAL
- DIAMONDS
- FORESTRY
- GOLD
- IRON
- MILK

Lourenne
- COFFEE
- CORN
- FISHERIES
- FORESTRY
- SUGAR
- TOBACCO

Sekowo
- BEEF
- FRUITS
- POULTRY
- RICE
- SUGAR
- TEA
- VEGETABLES
- WHEAT

Tukarali
- FISHERIES
- FORESTRY
- FRUITS
- TEA
- URANIUM
- WHEAT
- VEGETABLES

Vanuku
- ALUMINUM
- FISHERIES
- GEMS
- OIL
- POULTRY
- SUGAR
- WHEAT
- WINE
Zongxian

Postby Kubrick » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:57 am

I like it! But I think we all need to look very critical at "major resources" like oil/gas/uranium/unicorn dust.

For example your list has Dorvik having oil but wouldn't it be more logical for them to have a big gas reserve instead? Then again, this of course does not list the size of said resources, that would be another factor to consider.

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

Kubrick

Postby Zongxian » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Kubrick wrote:I like it! But I think we all need to look very critical at "major resources" like oil/gas/uranium/unicorn dust.

For example your list has Dorvik having oil but wouldn't it be more logical for them to have a big gas reserve instead? Then again, this of course does not list the size of said resources, that would be another factor to consider.

I pretty much totally forgot about including gas resources, other than for Jakania which specifically mentioned it on the wiki.

Also, Indrala's wiki did state a few of its industries as the largest or being in the top 5 largest of Terra. This included gold, nickel, and copper as the largest deposits in the world.

I think when it comes to these kinds of resources (oil/gas, mining), the list format could include a deposit grade on some kind of scale, and that would determine how big those reserves are. This was mentioned on one of the old discussions. It could be a simple scale with a small range, or it could be broader and allow for distinctions to be made about who has the largest deposits.

On a related point, the resource map could also denote scores. Such as on oil/gas map; each highlighted area for reserves could have a deposit score on it. This would be useful for reserves that are in out in Ipen waters.
Zongxian

Postby Kubrick » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:40 pm

We should take the wiki's with a grain of salt, since most (if not all) of them are written by people who play in those nations and obviously they will state their nation is part of the top 5 industries in the world. Not to downplay Liu here but I also believe balance is an important aspect.

Kubrick

Postby Zongxian » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Kubrick wrote:We should take the wiki's with a grain of salt, since most (if not all) of them are written by people who play in those nations and obviously they will state their nation is part of the top 5 industries in the world. Not to downplay Liu here but I also believe balance is an important aspect.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. I just figure, for the earliest stages of making lists and maps, these claims can at least be noted. Later in the process, if its determined to be balanced, claims can be upheld or not.
Zongxian

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:25 pm

I completely agree that balance is a must. I have barely contributed to Indrala's wiki on economics and would prefer to base whatever resources Indrala has on its geography and climate compared to the Real World.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Farsun » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:49 pm

Indeed, Dorvik has oil and gas as per the location of Oil/Gas map that I made back in the day when I was talking to a bunch of Majatran players about OPEN (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Nations, PTs version of OPEC). Balance is important, very important.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Comparing the maps, would Indrala roughly correspond to Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, and Australia, as all are right below the equator?

I am basing this off of the Terran time zone map.
Liu Che/Zhuli

PreviousNext

Return to General