Nation descriptions in the Cultural Protocols Index

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Nation descriptions in the Cultural Protocols Index

Postby Polites » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:02 pm

And now Cildania can be defined as Maltese.
Polites

Postby Aquinas » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Done.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Please note the changes to the OP (see below). Culturally Open nations may now adopt Nation Descriptions.

Aquinas wrote:The Cultural Protocols Index includes short descriptions of the cultures of all the Culturally Protected nations. Please bear in mind these descriptions are not "official" in themselves; it is the information contained in the Cultural Protocols themselves which are binding in terms of the game rules.

We would appreciate feedback from players about these descriptions and how they could be improved. Remember the descriptions need to be short, though.

Culturally Open nations are not bound by the culture rules, but it is possible for players to pass a non-enforceable Nation Description bill outlining the nation's suggested cultural character, which - at Moderation's discretion - can then be linked to the nation's entry in the Cultural Protocols Index. A short entry can also be added for the description, based on the Nation Description bill.

A Nation Description bill must be passed by a 2/3rds majority of all players with seats (not just those with seats who vote), and at least one of the players supporting the bill must have been continuously active in the nation (ie. no inactivations) for at least 1 month. A notification should then be made on this thread, so Moderation can update the Cultural Protocols Index as appropriate.

Culturally Protected nations which move to Culturally Open status will automatically have their previous Cultural Protocol treated as their Nation Description.

Players in Culturally Open nations may update or change their Nation Description simply by going through the same process of passing another Nation Description bill. Alternatively, they may withdraw their Nation Description altogether by passing an appropriate motion with a simple majority of players with seats (ie. more players with seats vote for it than against it), with the condition that at least one of the players supporting the withdrawal must have been currently continuously active in the nation (ie. no inactivations) for at least 1 month. Again, a notification should then be made on this thread, so Moderation can update the Cultural Protocols Index as appropriate.
Aquinas

Postby CFUL » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:30 am

About Likatonia....

Our description in the index is simply 'American'. I personally, and I assume the rest of our country, would prefer if it mentioned something about the fact that it is more undeveloped, poor, agrarian etc than modern America. If in the description that could be quickly mentioned it would be great rather than having some players confused as to why this country that is meant to be USA is poor. Thanks very much.
CFUL

Postby Aquinas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:49 am

CFUL wrote:About Likatonia....

Our description in the index is simply 'American'. I personally, and I assume the rest of our country, would prefer if it mentioned something about the fact that it is more undeveloped, poor, agrarian etc than modern America. If in the description that could be quickly mentioned it would be great rather than having some players confused as to why this country that is meant to be USA is poor. Thanks very much.

I have changed the description from "American" to "American (less economically developed)". If you (or anybody else) can think of a better-sounding description, let us know - although bear in mind the descriptions in the Index need to be very brief.

Its worth pointing out that the actual Cultural Protocol document linked to in the index describes Likatonia as "undeveloped", although I appreciate of course that not all players perusing the Index would immediately notice that.
Aquinas

Postby CFUL » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:40 am

Aquinas wrote:

I have changed the description from "American" to "American (less economically developed)". If you (or anybody else) can think of a better-sounding description, let us know - although bear in mind the descriptions in the Index need to be very brief.

Its worth pointing out that the actual Cultural Protocol document linked to in the index describes Likatonia as "undeveloped", although I appreciate of course that not all players perusing the Index would immediately notice that.

Thanks!
CFUL

Postby CCP » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Aquinas wrote:

How about "18th Century USA (agrarian and underdeveloped)" Wasn't that the original idea for Likatonia (unless I'm confusing it with hts's early America idea). "18th Century" is more evocative and clearer to me as an outsider unfamiliar with Likatonia.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby mpog » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:53 pm

CCP wrote:How about "18th Century USA (agrarian and underdeveloped)" Wasn't that the original idea for Likatonia (unless I'm confusing it with hts's early America idea). "18th Century" is more evocative and clearer to me as an outsider unfamiliar with Likatonia.

19th century, not 18th.
mpog

Postby Aquinas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 pm

American (agrarian/underdeveloped, pre-Civil War feel)

How about that?
Aquinas

Postby CCP » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:35 pm

Aquinas wrote:
American (agrarian/underdeveloped, pre-Civil War feel)

How about that?

Nice.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

PreviousNext

Return to General