Nation descriptions in the Cultural Protocols Index

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Nation descriptions in the Cultural Protocols Index

Postby Nolan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Passed a new cultural protocol in Hobrazia. Our nation can now be described as Polish with a Serbian and Galician minority.
Nolan

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Nolan wrote:Passed a new cultural protocol in Hobrazia. Our nation can now be described as Polish with a Serbian and Galician minority.

You're actually in the wrong thread for that. If you want to create a new Cultural Protocol, update a Cultural Protocol or affirm a Cultural Protocol, you should post the relevant bill on the Cultural Protocol Approvals thread.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=498189

I think I've found the link to the relevant bill (see above). It does not meet the requirement for it to have been supported by a two-thirds majority of players with seats, which means it could not be accepted. For full information on the requirements for creating a new Cultural Protocol in a Culturally Open nation, see sections 15 & 16 of the Game Rules.

One other thing: the Selucian Patriarchal Church is now the Aurorian Patriarchal Church, so it would be a good idea to change that the next time you draft the bill.
Aquinas

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Malivia should be defined as primarily based on India mixed with a sizable Indian minority and major Indo-afro-caribbean population.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Polites » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:Malivia should be defined as primarily based on India mixed with a sizable Indian minority and major Indo-afro-caribbean population.

Really sorry for the delayed response on this.

To be frank I'm not convinced a change from the current description is in order. I know you've introduced a slight decline in the Esinsundu population and an increase in the number of Malivians, but at the end of the day, there remains a slight Afro-Carribean majority.

Also, "primarily based on India mixed with a sizable Indian minority" - I assume that was a typo, or?
Polites

Postby FPC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:03 pm

I agree with Polites, I think the current description suits the current Culture Protocol a bit better.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Corvo Attano » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:39 am

Polites wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:Malivia should be defined as primarily based on India mixed with a sizable Indian minority and major Indo-afro-caribbean population.

Really sorry for the delayed response on this.

To be frank I'm not convinced a change from the current description is in order. I know you've introduced a slight decline in the Esinsundu population and an increase in the number of Malivians, but at the end of the day, there remains a slight Afro-Carribean majority.

Also, "primarily based on India mixed with a sizable Indian minority" - I assume that was a typo, or?

No you misunderstood.
We passed this: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=545487

Which stipulates that Esimundu people are still here and two things happened.

First the Malivians/Rajutti had a small cultural renaissance whereas they reunited with their ancestral culture,

And Second the Esinsundu Afro-Carribeans became part of that cultural renaissance effectively creating a unique culture the "Indo-afro-caribbean" culturally distict from the main Esinsundu culture and effectively assimilating partially into the population becoming Esinsundu Malivians.

That is why I said the description of the cultural protocol should be changed to:

Indian minority and major Indo-afro-caribbean population
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Polites » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:05 pm

I see what you're aiming for, but the issue is the Nation descriptions are meant to be brief summaries of the listed Cultural Protocols there, so that players could at a glance tell what the main culture(s) of each protected nation is. Other bills, overall RP history, forum posts, wikia pages, etc. do not and should not factor in the Nation description. And the current Cultural Protocol of Malivia is this (approved here), for which arguably the current description is a better fit. The bill you linked to is not the current Cultural Protocol of Malivia, so we cannot use its content for the Nation description.

As a side note, I see that Malivia has not yet complied with Rule 16.8, which requires players to copy the Cultural Protocols into a bill in the debate section of the nation page. Since the bill you posted on the nation page is not the same as the current Cultural Protocols, I fear this is potentially misleading. If the bill you linked is intended as a work in progress update of the Cultural Protocols, please make this clearer in the bill title and/or description. As it stands, the "RP Approved" part of the title may give the false impression that the bill has received some form of official approval. And of course, regardless of the intended purpose of the bill in question, please post a copy of the current Cultural Protocols in the debate section on Malivia's nation page.
Polites

Postby Corvo Attano » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Polites wrote:I see what you're aiming for, but the issue is the Nation descriptions are meant to be brief summaries of the listed Cultural Protocols there, so that players could at a glance tell what the main culture(s) of each protected nation is. Other bills, overall RP history, forum posts, wikia pages, etc. do not and should not factor in the Nation description. And the current Cultural Protocol of Malivia is this (approved here), for which arguably the current description is a better fit. The bill you linked to is not the current Cultural Protocol of Malivia, so we cannot use its content for the Nation description.

As a side note, I see that Malivia has not yet complied with Rule 16.8, which requires players to copy the Cultural Protocols into a bill in the debate section of the nation page. Since the bill you posted on the nation page is not the same as the current Cultural Protocols, I fear this is potentially misleading. If the bill you linked is intended as a work in progress update of the Cultural Protocols, please make this clearer in the bill title and/or description. As it stands, the "RP Approved" part of the title may give the false impression that the bill has received some form of official approval. And of course, regardless of the intended purpose of the bill in question, please post a copy of the current Cultural Protocols in the debate section on Malivia's nation page.

You didn't even skim the Bill did you? If you had you would see its a side by side comparison debate/vote about the changes on old towards the new cultural protocols. http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=541466

So stop with the grandiose statements and personal opinions the player base passed the protocols and they were approved please change them.

On rule 16.8 I did not know that I needed to have the link to the protocols approval and the old one posted that is my fault so I am sorry and will rectify that immediately.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Polites » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:59 pm

After clarifying the matter with the player in question, Malivia was redefined as "Indian and Afro-Caribbean mix".
Polites

Previous

Return to General