How come there are regional differences?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

How come there are regional differences?

Postby Arizal1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:02 am

Hi,

We just had elections in Ibutho, as it happens in many countries every week, and I'm puzzled to see I have 50% of the vote in one region, but 10% in another one. The region I "control" also seem to be the one in which I had the best score in the last elections. Anybody knows how the regional preferences are calculated in the game?
The Social-Liberal Caucus (Ibutho) (Inactive) (Particracy Classic)
Demokrat Konservativen Partei (DKP) (Narikaton and Darnussia) (Particracy Classic)
The Federalistische Partij (Laaglanden) (Particracy Dev)
Arizal1

Re: How come there are regional differences?

Postby TheNewGuy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:18 am

Arizal1 wrote:Hi,

We just had elections in Ibutho, as it happens in many countries every week, and I'm puzzled to see I have 50% of the vote in one region, but 10% in another one. The region I "control" also seem to be the one in which I had the best score in the last elections. Anybody knows how the regional preferences are calculated in the game?

Welcome to Particracy, where everything's made up and the positions don't matter ;)

The election mechanics are notoriously fickle. You can win a region one election, hold an early election the next month and lose it dramatically. You can try, though: in the Opinions section of your nation page, click the "View detailed political opinions" link and you can see a national overview, and it's got links to each region. Alternatively you can order Custom Polls from your party page, just above the Party Details section. Have fun trying to figure it out, and don't take it too seriously, because you're very likely to see wild fluctuation in your results, especially if a party that previously deactivated in your nation chooses to reactivate.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Arizal1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 am

The thing is, I think I understand what happened : I championed civil rights and was "seen", in the previous elections, as the one who could be the most for a small government. But civil rights are unimportant and government responsibilities are a vital issue, thus when a new party came in the country and chanpioned the idea of a small government, he won over a part of those past supporters of mine.

As regions have different leanings on issue (which I didn't see until now), this explains now why those people didn't vote for me. Now, what does determine what leaning people have? Do we somewhat influence it?
The Social-Liberal Caucus (Ibutho) (Inactive) (Particracy Classic)
Demokrat Konservativen Partei (DKP) (Narikaton and Darnussia) (Particracy Classic)
The Federalistische Partij (Laaglanden) (Particracy Dev)
Arizal1

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:55 am

Arizal1 wrote:As regions have different leanings on issue (which I didn't see until now), this explains now why those people didn't vote for me. Now, what does determine what leaning people have? Do we somewhat influence it?

The 9 sets of 'Political Opinions' and the 'Importance' attached to them fluctuate randomly but very slowly over time. At least so far as I am aware, these cannot be influenced by player actions in the game.
Aquinas

Return to General