Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Postby Moderation » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:07 pm

As explained in the Explanation of the new rules, the Nation Renaming Guide is mainly designed to limit the use of English nation names in non-English nations. Players are encouraged to use this thread to communicate their ideas about the languages which should be authorised for the naming of each nation in the Nation Renaming Guide. At the time of writing, feedback is most especially welcome because the Nation Renaming Guide has only just been launched and has not yet been subject to the full scrutiny of the community. However, given that the cultural and political situations of the nations can change over time, we anticipate this process of consultation will be an ongoing one. Players are particularly encouraged to advise us about whether the Nation Renaming Guide ought to be amended whenever new Cultural Protocols are approved.
This account is for administrative purposes only. For queries or information, please contact a Moderator personally.
Moderation

Re: Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

Postby legorlee » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm not sure, but I always had the impression of that Telamon was based on Sweden, thus Swedish names would be logic, but then we would have to rename all of the provinces and most of the cities. But I'm not sure I have the 2/3 of the votes to do that in a bill.
legorlee

Postby Aquinas » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 pm

legorlee wrote:I'm not sure, but I always had the impression of that Telamon was based on Sweden, thus Swedish names would be logic, but then we would have to rename all of the provinces and most of the cities. But I'm not sure I have the 2/3 of the votes to do that in a bill.

You're right, Telamon has a Swedish theme. You can see its Cultural Protocols here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=411001

You're welcome to change the province and city names, but at the moment we are specifically asking Telamon's players to give Telamon a Swedish nation name. I encourage you to talk to the other players there and see if you can agree on something.
Aquinas

Postby legorlee » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:27 pm

There's really no need, as Telamon have a rather natural sound to it, in Swedish.
legorlee

Postby Kubrick » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:15 pm

What if you Swedify it? That's now a word by the way.

Telamun is perhaps more Swedish? But I don't know jackshit about Swedish.

I'm not entirely sure about Vanuku either, it sounds very foreign in Dutch.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby J4C0B65 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:21 pm

My suggestions

Tolømorn
Toloheim

Vanerland
Vaneerko
Vanveerko
Vanvoorku
Classic Particracy

Parti Conservateur Democratique (Lourenne) - Inactive
Parti Conservateur Democratique (Rildanor) - Inactive
Partido Nacional (Gaduridos) - Inactive
National Conservative Party (Beiteynu) - Inactive
J4C0B65

Postby legorlee » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:35 pm

You don't have to "Swedify" Telamon, there's already a place called "Ankarmon" in Sweden. Tele could easily if we recieve some fictional linguistical freedom be "communicate". MON is a definite singular of mo, which means "sandy soil, a sandy field, a moor or a heath" in Swedish. Telamon could easily be derived from Tele and Mo from when the colonists first landed on the shores of Telamon, would also make a good Etymology.

Tolømorn
Toloheim

Vanerland
Vaneerko
Vanveerko
Vanvoorku

They are not Swedish names, more Norwegian/Dutch?
legorlee

Postby Aquinas » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:45 pm

We are not requiring the Telamon players to adapt their nation's basic name (ie. "Telamon"). Although you are welcome to adapt it if you like, of course. What we're asking is for the nation's formal name to be in Swedish. At the moment the name is "Republic of Telamon". According to Google Translate, a Swedish translation of that would read "Republiken Telamon". The name currently being proposed, "Folkrepubliken Telamon", would be fine as well.
Aquinas

Postby J4C0B65 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:03 am

Aquinas wrote:We are not requiring the Telamon players to adapt their nation's basic name (ie. "Telamon"). Although you are welcome to adapt it if you like, of course. What we're asking is for the nation's formal name to be in Swedish. At the moment the name is "Republic of Telamon". According to Google Translate, a Swedish translation of that would read "Republiken Telamon". The name currently being proposed, "Folkrepubliken Telamon", would be fine as well.

I understand what you are saying now
Classic Particracy

Parti Conservateur Democratique (Lourenne) - Inactive
Parti Conservateur Democratique (Rildanor) - Inactive
Partido Nacional (Gaduridos) - Inactive
National Conservative Party (Beiteynu) - Inactive
J4C0B65

Postby MichaelReilly » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Can I express my explicit disapproval?

I explicitly disapprove.
Down with this sort of thing