Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

General discussions about the Particracy web game.

Re: Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

Postby Aquinas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Reddy wrote:It has also been my understanding that the languages authorised in the NRG do not reflect the languages that are spoken in the country but rather the major cultures.


BTW that's confusing me, because when you and Selcru created Dranland's Cultural Protocol earlier in the year, you (then the only Mod) listed "English, Korean, Spanish or Welsh" for Dranland's NRG entry. This was because English is widely-spoken in Dranland, even though English is not a significant culture there.

I'm not criticising Dranland's entry, just suggesting Kundrati should be entitled to the same consideration.
Aquinas
 
Posts: 8602
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:28 am
Location: UK

Re: Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

Postby Reddy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:33 am

Aquinas wrote:
Reddy wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
I don't know what you're referring to with regards to Aloria, since English is not a primary language there. Its on 35%, compared to 88% for Welsh and 75% for German.


i referred to it because the Alorians similar to the Kundratis said:

Guidelines:

• Party names should be in both Welsh and German (English is acceptable but least preferred)


Reddy, every party in every nation is permitted to have their party name in English! Please re-familiarise yourself with section 6 of the Game Rules, particularly section 6.3. The only significance to the chunk of text you've just quoted is that it further confirms that whilst Aloria's Cultural Protocol considers Welsh and German to be core languages, it does not consider English in the same way (ie. precisely the opposite of what you are claiming).


Eh, where did I question that parties are allowed to have their names in English? That's just patronising of you. I quoted that text to show that the player give a picture of their language preferences.

Anyway there is no need to drag this on with you. The Kundrati players' views are the ones that really matter on this and so far, no comments have been received from them.

Aquinas wrote:BTW that's confusing me, because when you and Selcru created Dranland's Cultural Protocol earlier in the year, you (then the only Mod) listed "English, Korean, Spanish or Welsh" for Dranland's NRG entry. This was because English is widely-spoken in Dranland, even though English is not a significant culture there.



Again the Dranish players gave clear instructions on this. As I said earlier, where instructions are clear, Moderation will follow that. Where they are not or even contradictory, we will look at the cultures as has been done some many times in the past.

Aquinas wrote:I'm not criticising Dranland's entry, just suggesting Kundrati should be entitled to the same consideration.


Of course not, you are just hinting that I gave Dranland preferential treatment. Nice :) I was involved in that and anticipating the likelihood of future mudslinging, asked Colonelvesica to review it. The Dranish players (including me)) gave very clear instructions on language and they were followed.
Reddy
 
Posts: 3683
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

Postby Aquinas » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:52 am

Reddy wrote:Eh, where did I question that parties are allowed to have their names in English? That's just patronising of you. I quoted that text to show that the player give a picture of their language preferences.


Please don't be so thin-skinned and just explain what your point was in (erroneously) citing that text in support of your claim that English is a core language for Aloria.

Reddy wrote:Anyway there is no need to drag this on with you. The Kundrati players' views are the ones that really matter on this and so far, no comments have been received from them.


Again, have you actually bothered to ask them? Obviously you didn't bother to consult them at the time the Cultural Protocol was being considered. But even in the absence of explicit feedback from them, the fact the Cultural Protocol makes English a main language, plus the fact that their nation name was in English at the time they introduced the Cultural Protocol (and still is now) should be a strong indication in favour of letting them have English as an option.

Reddy wrote:Of course not, you are just hinting that I gave Dranland preferential treatment. Nice :) I was involved in that and anticipating the likelihood of future mudslinging, asked Colonelvesica to review it. The Dranish players (including me)) gave very clear instructions on language and they were followed.


Are you sure colonelvesica approved Dranland's NRG entry? Because from what I remember, you only updated Dranland's entry from "Any" after I (privately) reminded you, because you had not bothered to do so (just as you did not bother to update Kundrati's entry until I reminded you).

In any case, as I said, I'm not disputing Dranland's entry, I'm just asking for the Kundrati players to have the same consideration. (And obviously that means giving them the opportunity to change their NRG entry BEFORE wading in and demanding they change their nation title to Basque or Latin).
Aquinas
 
Posts: 8602
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:28 am
Location: UK

Re: Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

Postby Reddy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:30 am

Just to end the patronising, drama and fixation over this... Moderation will only make changes to the NRG at the request of the country's players not concerned onlookers. If the Cultural Protocol is not clear, Moderation reserves the right to make its own determination as done in this case.
Reddy
 
Posts: 3683
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

Postby CiviixXXX » Wed May 09, 2018 2:48 pm

La République de Kanjor et La Tondelle.
Is it correct French? Or something must be changed?
Czas Patriotów - Inactive
Parti Socialiste Démocratique Kanjor - Inactive.
Socjalistyczna Partia Pracy dla Narodów - Inactive
Socialistu Vienlidzibas Partija - Active
CiviixXXX
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:09 pm
Location: Eastern Poland

Re: Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

Postby cm9777 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:02 am

From Maxington

"If you want it as "The Republic of Kanjor and La Tondelle,
In french it should be
Le République de Kanjor et La Tondelle
but otherwise it's fine"
Nationale Liberale Partei Inactive

Dundorfische Nationalistisches Allianz Inactive

Federalistische Partei Inactive

Patriot Party Inactive

Modrá Thalleristická Aliancia Active

Moderation
cm9777
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest