Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Feedback: Nation Renaming Guide

Postby Pragma » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:20 pm

I request that 'The Raktavani Empire' be recognised as an alternative name for the Vascanian Empire. Nations of Indian culture generally have a geographical name and a name related to the ruling establishment - Punjab/Sikh Empire is a good example - so it stands to reason that in a monarchy based on Indian culture there should be a similar two-way split between the geographical name (Vasakana/Vascania) and the dynastic name (Raktavani Samraji/Raktavani Empire). Raktavana is the ruling dynasty of Vascania.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby jamescfm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm

At the moment the Nation Renaming Guide does not include the forum-based/non-playable countries. Given that some of these countries do have various names, perhaps it would make sense to include them or to provide a separate section of the forum for keeping track of their alternative names. Does anyone else have any thoughts about this?
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:41 pm

The Nation Renaming Guide has been updated to make it easier to use (hopefully) and to reflect recent changes to Cultural Protocols in a handful of countries. If you have any feedback or queries, please share them here.
jamescfm

Postby hyraemous » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:09 am

Hi there, I'd like to note that Kundrati is now essentially a Slavic country per it's cultural protocol http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=643017, not a Latin/Basque country.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby ChengherRares1 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:06 pm

The name

Chizân și noului Endralon has two mistakes

One, Chizân is masculine, and as well, not even in line with English Kizenia

K in Romania can be convertes to Ch, which it does even in the bad translation

Tho that being said, all they needed is Ch+izenia

If really, you can have it Chizânia

The second one is "noului"

-ui suffix denotes a gendered noun, like when there is an enumeration

Here we dont have it

Its not Kingdom of Kizenia and New Endralon

In that case it would be "Chizeni**ei** și nou**lui** Endralon"

-lui is a suffix to gender Endralon word

In our case isnt necessary, making it:

"Chizânia și Noul Endralon"
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby ChengherRares1 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:07 pm

And along the discord talk, Romanian needs a word like an adjective or describing the nation name to give it a gendered aspect, like posession or having a form of Government, as seen above
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby ChengherRares1 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:33 pm

I owe a better explanation for my issue with the name currently designated to Kizenia

Foremost, the current name ("Chizâna și Noului Endralon") has several problems

First is the Chizână part

Why is it wrong? Well, in Romanian, nation names ending in -ia, like let's say Likatonia, would translate as Lichatonia. Even real life names like Sweden, Hungary, Norway or Germany, in Romanian they gain the -ia end, such as "Suedia", "Ungaria", "Norvegia" or "Germania"

Secondly, the error is also about the fact "-ă" is used for feminine nouns or cases, such as saying "This woman is Kizenian", in Romanian, Kizenian noun gains the gender of the noun "woman", which obviously is feminine, ending as "Femeia aceasta este Chizână"

Thus it is incorrect form, the correct form is either the literal Chizenia, or Chizânia

---------

The second major error is "Noului Endralon"

Specifically wrong here is that while Endralon is correctly said, Noului it isnt

To understand, Romanian language is finnicky

If you would add Kindgom of, State of, Territories of, or anything prescribing an attribute, an owner or generally a term to individualize the current name or object from others (just like in English we do it with "a car" vs "this car", or "Matthew's car") , then you could use the appropriate add ons like noului as well -ei

With wording like : Kingdom of Kizenia and New Endralon, Romanian sounds like:

Regatul Chizenei și a noului Endralon

The Kingdom - has its "the" transferred as "ul", forcing the expression {Kizenia and New Endralon} to adopt a definite form too, here being both neutral, which is masculine at singular

Since nations are singular in their existence, it makes the translation to male definite form "-ei"

For nominal translation of Kizenia we have Chizenia or Chizânia, depending how people wish it in the end

Regardless, the above example with The Kingdom of (that) is inappropriate in our case, because just enumerating nations or objects doesnt infer need of definite articles

Basically said, if I say "The woman and the man walk", these do not get the Romanian "the" equivalent

They are just "Femeia și bărbatul umblă". They only get indefinite article

If we wanted it to be like current name for Kizenia, it would need something like "The home of the man and the woman looks nice!"

Translated as: "Casa bărbatului și a femeii arată drăguță".

But in our case, with nothing to command presence of such ends, it should be simply

"Chizânia și Noul Endralon " ("noul" here can absorb the -ui given that when we handle names with multiple words, we only give definite article to one of them, here being the New from New Endralon, as it's considered part of the name)

One last mistake, the current name does not even have consistent articulation

Chizână and Noului Endralon are set for whole different situation

I ask the moderation to understand the flagrant issues and correct them
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Zanz » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:20 pm

Hey, administrative request:

Can the official recognized name of Jelbe be made Jelbe (rather than Jelbe listed as an "alt") as opposed to Jelbania? I'm fine with Jelbania remaining an alt name, but would like Jelbe recognized as the default name.

As support for this I offer the following:

1. Jelbe was used as the nation name as early as 2009 (and even earlier, we just don't have the Takeforum anymore): viewtopic.php?p=11647#p11647
  2. As early as 2020 I requested the same thing - Jelbe should be primary name, Jelbania should be alt. Jamescfm opted at the time to do the inverse, and I did not press it, but I want to press it now: viewtopic.php?p=160389#p160389
  3. I have been using Jelbe in RP exclusively since 2020, and other major players in the region have been using it since 2020/2021 as well:
    1. Zanz: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2490&p=160401&hilit=jelbe#p160401
    2. Kubrick: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1605&p=160499&hilit=jelbe#p160499
    3. Mr.God/Rogue: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4398&p=163089&hilit=jelbe#p163089
    4. Reddy: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2490&p=168417&hilit=jelbe#p168417
    5. Others: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7533&p=161052&hilit=jelbe#p161052 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8142&p=161388&hilit=jelbe#p161388 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7351&p=163026&hilit=jelbe#p163026
  4. The last IC use of "Jelbania" by a major historical player in Jelbe was in late 2021 (Reddy). Since then all uses have been administrative OOC posts or other RPers who presumably only used Jelbania because that's what the Nation Renaming Guidelines list as the first option viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2490&p=176314&hilit=jelbania#p176314
  5. This is important because "Jelbania" (and more importantly "Jelbanian"), historically, has been used by users explicitly to attempt to erase the Jelbék language and culture that I and others have spent significant time curating and defending. Given that very recently Jelbe was once again haphazardly edited, I'd like to take the step we didn't take in 2020 and attempt to distance things further from that history.

Thanks, let me know if you have questions or feedback.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Zanz » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:57 am

Zanz wrote:Hey, administrative request:

Can the official recognized name of Jelbe be made Jelbe (rather than Jelbe listed as an "alt") as opposed to Jelbania? I'm fine with Jelbania remaining an alt name, but would like Jelbe recognized as the default name.

As support for this I offer the following:

1. Jelbe was used as the nation name as early as 2009 (and even earlier, we just don't have the Takeforum anymore): viewtopic.php?p=11647#p11647
  2. As early as 2020 I requested the same thing - Jelbe should be primary name, Jelbania should be alt. Jamescfm opted at the time to do the inverse, and I did not press it, but I want to press it now: viewtopic.php?p=160389#p160389
  3. I have been using Jelbe in RP exclusively since 2020, and other major players in the region have been using it since 2020/2021 as well:
    1. Zanz: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2490&p=160401&hilit=jelbe#p160401
    2. Kubrick: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1605&p=160499&hilit=jelbe#p160499
    3. Mr.God/Rogue: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4398&p=163089&hilit=jelbe#p163089
    4. Reddy: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2490&p=168417&hilit=jelbe#p168417
    5. Others: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7533&p=161052&hilit=jelbe#p161052 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8142&p=161388&hilit=jelbe#p161388 viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7351&p=163026&hilit=jelbe#p163026
  4. The last IC use of "Jelbania" by a major historical player in Jelbe was in late 2021 (Reddy). Since then all uses have been administrative OOC posts or other RPers who presumably only used Jelbania because that's what the Nation Renaming Guidelines list as the first option viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2490&p=176314&hilit=jelbania#p176314
  5. This is important because "Jelbania" (and more importantly "Jelbanian"), historically, has been used by users explicitly to attempt to erase the Jelbék language and culture that I and others have spent significant time curating and defending. Given that very recently Jelbe was once again haphazardly edited, I'd like to take the step we didn't take in 2020 and attempt to distance things further from that history.

Thanks, let me know if you have questions or feedback.

Bump, can this be done?
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Auditorii » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:21 pm

I will allow Jelbe to made the "primary" name of the nation and Jelbania the alternative. I think it fits within the scope of the RP done and the cultural use.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback