Help: Language Assistance

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Language Assistance Requests

Postby utoronto » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:40 pm

Polites wrote:
utoronto wrote:I just realised that someone already translated "Vorona" as Foronlandes (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6368)

Yeah, I translated it that way in order to keep the standard "-land" ending for nations (-landes is the genitive).

Judging from the Old English Wikipedia article on the Falkland Islands, maybe the best translation is Foronland Īegland.

Then again, not all countries or territories end with -land in Ænglisc. take the Brit. Virgin Island for instance (https://ang.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryttisc ... 4%AAegland), Cook Island (https://ang.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C5%8Dc%C4%ABega), Faroe Islands (https://ang.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroisca_%C4%AAega), etc.
Platforma Walruzyjska
utoronto

Location: RL: Poland+France+Canada / IC: Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska

Postby Aquinas » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4361&p=91925#p91925

Can anyone give us a Phoenician translation of "Most Serene Cildanian Kingdom"?
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Aquinas wrote:http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4361&p=91925#p91925

Can anyone give us a Phoenician translation of "Most Serene Cildanian Kingdom"?

"Mamlaka Qildarit Shalemit Meod" or "Mamlaka Shalemit Meod Qildarit" is my suggestion. I couldn't find anything on adjective comparison in Phoenician, so I used one of the ways of expressing it in Biblical Hebrew, i.e. placing מְאֹד (meʾod) after the adjective as an intensifier. Modern Hebrew has other ways of expressing the superlative.
Polites

Postby Aquinas » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Thanks, Polites
Aquinas

Re: Naming the hard-to-name nations

Postby Aquinas » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Added

Most Serene Cildanian Kingdom = "Mamlaka Qildarit Shalemit Meod" or "Mamlaka Shalemit Meod Qildarit"

Thanks to Polites.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Given the challenges involved with Persian, we are now specifically requesting nation titles for Aldegar. In future, Aldegar's players will be allowed to have their nation name in English if they put in a translation request for a new title which is not met within a week.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Aquinas wrote:Given the challenges involved with Persian, we are now specifically requesting nation titles for Aldegar. In future, Aldegar's players will be allowed to have their nation name in English if they put in a translation request for a new title which is not met within a week.

I'll provide some nation names soon enough. In the meantime, as an alternative to Farsi or English, players could use Tajik, the variety of Persian spoken in Tajikistan, considering that Google Translate does transliterate Tajik.
Polites

Postby J4C0B65 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:51 pm

If assistance is needed with Spanish: Baltusia, Gaduridos and Egelion, I could be of some use.
Classic Particracy

Parti Conservateur Democratique (Lourenne) - Inactive
Parti Conservateur Democratique (Rildanor) - Inactive
Partido Nacional (Gaduridos) - Inactive
National Conservative Party (Beiteynu) - Inactive
J4C0B65

Postby Aquinas » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:27 pm

J4C0B65 wrote:If assistance is needed with Spanish: Baltusia, Gaduridos and Egelion, I could be of some use.

Added you to the list.
Aquinas

Postby Iestwyn » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Calling all Pntek experts! (As far as I understand, that's the Jelbic dialect used in Pontesi. ... Right?)

In order to better comply with Pontesi's Cultural Protocols, I'd love to translate my party's name into Pntek. It's Victoria Animi, Selucian (Latin) for Triumph of the Mind.
Iestwyn

PreviousNext

Return to General