Consultation on early election & treaty-locking tactics

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Consultation on early election & treaty-locking tactics

Postby Amazeroth » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:45 pm

IdioC wrote:As for suitable sanctions: I've also had a, "how come it's taken me seven years to think of that?", moment: Rather than a simple seat reset, which would both paralyse the nation until an election and then most likely still give a dominant party their position back to simply restore the status quo, you could inactivate the offending party, force early elections, then reactivate them to give the newbies a chance.

The mere fear of such a total reversal would surely make IC iron-fisted tinpots considerate to the needs of newcomers OOC?

That's some ingenious thinking.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby utoronto » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Amazeroth wrote:
IdioC wrote:As for suitable sanctions: I've also had a, "how come it's taken me seven years to think of that?", moment: Rather than a simple seat reset, which would both paralyse the nation until an election and then most likely still give a dominant party their position back to simply restore the status quo, you could inactivate the offending party, force early elections, then reactivate them to give the newbies a chance.

The mere fear of such a total reversal would surely make IC iron-fisted tinpots considerate to the needs of newcomers OOC?

That's some ingenious thinking.

I concur!
Platforma Walruzyjska
utoronto

Location: RL: Poland+France+Canada / IC: Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska

Postby Maxington » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Give IdioC a cookie! IdioC you genius
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby EEL Mk2 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:27 am

Amazeroth wrote:That's some ingenious thinking.
Indeed. Rough, but ingenious.

IdioC wrote:Quite often newbies would turn a well-developed RP nation into some cookie-cutter anglophone social democracy without being aware of the forum, cultural protocols and RP. Moderation would have to spend ages reverting all the national variables back to their originals prevent RP abuses, whereas the Early Election gambit always prevented this from happening.
One could interpret clause 1b in my proposed rule as accounting for that situation. After all, preserving cultural protocols in the face of newbie excesses could very well be considered a "reasonable cause". I've deliberately left things somewhat vague to give Moderation discretion.
EEL Mk2

Postby IdioC » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:46 am

EEL Mk2 wrote:
Amazeroth wrote:That's some ingenious thinking.
Indeed. Rough, but ingenious.

In fairness, not ingenious as it took me around seven on-off years to put the pieces together, but it would certainly be a heavy-duty and presumably final straw measure. I imagine its frequent use would be nothing short of outrageous.

That wouldn't mean it would be anything less than a terrifying Sword of Damocles though.

(I guess there's still some Cynical Bastard in me yet.)

EEL Mk2 wrote:
IdioC wrote:Quite often newbies would turn a well-developed RP nation into some cookie-cutter anglophone social democracy without being aware of the forum, cultural protocols and RP. Moderation would have to spend ages reverting all the national variables back to their originals prevent RP abuses, whereas the Early Election gambit always prevented this from happening.
One could interpret clause 1b in my proposed rule as accounting for that situation. After all, preserving cultural protocols in the face of newbie excesses could very well be considered a "reasonable cause". I've deliberately left things somewhat vague to give Moderation discretion.

All fair (and moderation discretion's severe reduction in PaxCyn was PaxCyn's fatal flaw, so always happy to see it considered). I'm merely adding more strings to the bow. Possibly dipping the arrows in poison too.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby EEL Mk2 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:28 pm

IdioC wrote:moderation discretion's severe reduction in PaxCyn was PaxCyn's fatal flaw, so always happy to see it considered
Of course, the alternative to a comprehensive code of rules like Pax Cyn would be to use important Moderation decisions as some sort of precedent.
EEL Mk2

Postby IdioC » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:38 pm

EEL Mk2 wrote:
IdioC wrote:moderation discretion's severe reduction in PaxCyn was PaxCyn's fatal flaw, so always happy to see it considered
Of course, the alternative to a comprehensive code of rules like Pax Cyn would be to use important Moderation decisions as some sort of precedent.

Which, ironically, is how it all started! Then the code and expectations kept growing while the moderator manhours stayed constant.

...but I shouldn't side-track the discussion.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Re: Explanation of the new rules (please read!)

Postby Farsun » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Were these new rules suppose to include something regarding treaty locking or was that something that was discussed?
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Aquinas » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Farsun wrote:Wait, what Auto quoted...does that mean Moderation will just make up a culture for those countries? or does that mean that they will look at previous cultural RP and decide from there?

It's worth reading the OP, especially the first two sections. Basically, some nations were given a deadline to either adopt Cultural Protocols or adopt more detailed Cultural Protocols than the ones they currently had. The idea was that Moderation would do the job if the deadline was missed, based on the existing culture. In the event, Moderation drew up Cultural Protocols for Badara, New Endralon/Kizenia and Sekowo (see here).

Farsun wrote:Were these new rules suppose to include something regarding treaty locking or was that something that was discussed?

We held a consultation. The Consultation on early election & treaty-locking tactics is still on-going, although that thread has been quiet for a long while now.
Aquinas

Postby Farsun » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:47 am

Can we get some sort of ruling on that Aquinas? Quite frankly while it is "game mechanics" it's an obvious exploit. It's essentially interrupting the entire process of the game through means which are in-game but are being misused and negatively impacting other players.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

PreviousNext

Return to General