Davostani elections were weird

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Davostani elections were weird

Postby RickCole12 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:33 am

Hi there,

I know that Davostan and Particracy are prone to having weird elections. But something was a miss this time.

My party is the Davostan Nationalist Front. And before the election, I formed the Right-Wing Coalition. The coalition is a combination of selected right-wing parties throughout Davostan. One of the things the coalition is responsible for is electing a coalition representative. This representative would be the Head of State person for the coalition. Long story short, my party was elected as the coalitions HoS representative.

At least 3 parties are included in the coalition (including myself)

But when elections came around. My party didn't receive any of the other parties votes in the Head of State election. Everyone in the coalition to be running for Head of State.

What caused this? Why didn't my party get their votes?

Election link: http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... 8&nation=5
RickCole12

Re: Davostani elections were weird

Postby Aquinas » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:07 am

The system for electing the Head of State works as described in the text below, which is copied from the FAQ:

In nations with an elected Head of State, to win on the first ballot, a candidate needs to win 50% of the votes cast. If the first ballot is inconclusive, then a second ballot is held between the two leading candidates. In the Party Details section on your Party Overview page, you can use the drop-down menu to select the party you would like to support in the second ballot (provided that party's candidate makes it to the second ballot, of course). If you would prefer to support another party's candidate in both ballots, just leave your Head of State candidate box empty and use the drop-down menu to endorse the party of your choice.

I am unable to ascertain exactly what options Davostan's parties chose at the last election. What I can tell you is that at the present time, only the Common Sense Conservative Party is endorsing your party (the Davostan Nationalist Front) on the first round. The Conservative-Libertarian Party is endorsing your party for the second round, but not for the first round.

Hope this helps!
Aquinas

Return to General