A statement on Cildania's Cultural Protocols and Jelbism

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

A statement on Cildania's Cultural Protocols and Jelbism

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:37 pm

Cildania's Cultural Protocols, although original and unique, can be a particular challenge for players to work with. We therefore wish to announce that if, at some point in the future, Cildania's players would like to replace their current Cultural Protocols with something more generally accessible, then we would be sympathetic to accomodating that.

Due to their substantial involvement with Cildania, the players Jessaveryja and Polites have been identified as key partners who we would hope to see included, if possible, in any future project to change Cildania's Cultural Protocols.

In the meantime, Cildania's current Cultural Protocols will continue to be recognised and enforced as before.

The Jelbic cultures are also not easy for all players to connect with and work with. It has therefore been ruled that, at least for the time being, Jelbic should not become a major culture in any more nations beyond the "Jelbosphere" (ie. Barmenia, Jelbania, Pontesi, Vanuku) where it is already present. We would consider changing this ruling if there was a substantial increase in players wanting to play Jelbic parties.
Aquinas

Re: A statement on Cildania's Cultural Protocols and Jelbism

Postby Kubrick » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:39 pm

Aquinas wrote:The Jelbic cultures are also not easy for all players to connect with and work with. It has therefore been ruled that, at least for the time being, Jelbic should not become a major culture in any more nations beyond the "Jelbosphere" (ie. Barmenia, Jelbania, Pontesi, Vanuku) where it is already present. We would consider changing this ruling if there was a substantial increase in players wanting to play Jelbic parties.

Were there any plans for this? I haven't seen the Jelbic cultures expand for literal years.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Kubrick wrote:
Aquinas wrote:The Jelbic cultures are also not easy for all players to connect with and work with. It has therefore been ruled that, at least for the time being, Jelbic should not become a major culture in any more nations beyond the "Jelbosphere" (ie. Barmenia, Jelbania, Pontesi, Vanuku) where it is already present. We would consider changing this ruling if there was a substantial increase in players wanting to play Jelbic parties.

Were there any plans for this? I haven't seen the Jelbic cultures expand for literal years.

I've no idea, but the ruling has been issued "just in case"!
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:39 pm

But the Jelbics can still remain as small minorities in Beiteynu and Selucia, right?
Polites

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:31 pm

Polites wrote:But the Jelbics can still remain as small minorities in Beiteynu and Selucia, right?

Yes, they're fine - so long as they don't expand too much.
Aquinas

Postby IdioC » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:41 pm

Absolutely agreed. I think those four nations are the only ones that ever had mainly Jelbék speakers. Although I did play a Pnték party in Beiteynu many moons ago, it's unique culture is worth more. Besides, New Jelbies would be better off playing in an existing country to shore up diverse RP in those four nations than dilute any others.

This is nearly perfectly in keeping with a long-lost older judgment too. There used to be a Pan-Majatran Republics grouping (Kafuristan was one, at least one other entered the fold) and various Empires (mostly Deltaria): it was decided that the limit of any Empire or similar homogenising group would be five nations for these, to minimise the number of subjected players for OOC reasons and prevent excessive homogeneity on continents. As much as you don't need to bring this rule back with all the CultPros, history would be on your side if you ever needed to.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Return to General