The Keymon bug and changing region ownership

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

The Keymon bug and changing region ownership

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:26 am

The fact that Keymon now, probably due some sort of bug, seems to own part of Dankuk, opens up for some interesting questions.

Can provinces/regions change ownership in the game? Is it feasible, or too overly complicated for moderation? If not, maybeee the option of doing this through RP-bills could be considered? :D
SelucianCrusader

Re: The Keymon bug and changing region ownership

Postby Aquinas » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:45 pm

Well, first of all I'd better reassure our friend Zongxian that Keymon does not technically own part of Dankuk! :lol:

It is not really feasible to transfer provinces between nations, because the game engine cannot accomplish that. Election results, for example, will always be for the traditional nations, consisting of their traditional provinces. Similarly, nation pages cannot be amended to add more provinces and alter maps.

I would see no objection to a short-term role-play in which provinces are exchanged between nations (eg. as a result of conquest in war). It would be difficult to see that as being a feasible arrangement in the long-term, though.
Aquinas

Postby Zongxian » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm

What!? I didn't even notice this!

It looks like its matching up to the only other blacked out province of the map, Ulbrach. I don't remember when it was, but after there had been some kind of maintanence by Wouter (dealing with constant server crashes), Ulbrach went black. At the same time, all the province names in Dankuk (and I think in all nations) updated to reflect what they currently were. The blacked-out look only appears on the world map though; on the Dankuk page it's as though we don't even own Ulbrach. When this initially happened I had brought up the issue about Ulbrach, but I didn't really pursue the problem since it wasn't causing much trouble (other than an incorrect map with messed up characters).
Zongxian

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Rather than viewing Ulbrach as part of Keymon, the game engine rather seems to view the place were Ulbrach used to be as part of Maddog (Keymon Isle): http://classic.particracy.net/viewregio ... gionid=265

Meanwhile, Ulbrach has no place on the map right now: http://classic.particracy.net/viewregio ... gionid=777

:P

Anyway - thanks for the reply Aquinas. I guess were stuck with the same old borders after all. :D
SelucianCrusader

Postby IdioC » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:54 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:Anyway - thanks for the reply Aquinas. I guess were stuck with the same old borders after all. :D

This is probably the first instance I've ever seen of an existing region acquire new territory in any form... any other old farts seen anything like this before? :lol:
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Zongxian » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:20 pm

The thing is, on the world map, neither Maddog or Ulbrach can be clicked. I searched back and it looks like this happened in August 2014 (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5823&p=75326&hilit=+ulbrach#p75326). I don't know what happened during the maintenance in 2014 that caused this; maybe it can be corrected? Or it's just some weird manifestation that, if fixed, would break more important things (like fixing Sekowo would!).
Zongxian

Return to General