National Anthem Compositions.

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

National Anthem Compositions.

Postby RBDominator » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:08 pm

I am someone who loves this website, I played several years ago for a long time, but stopped and recently got back into it. I want to give back.

I was thinking about composing all of the current National Anthems and singing them for every country so that we have an audio file on the Nation's page. However, I would only do this if the Anthems would not be changed anymore which is something you can do currently.

Thoughts?
RBDominator

Re: National Anthem Compositions.

Postby Aquinas » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:32 pm

It is probably unlikely the ability for nations to change their national anthems would ever be taken away, since choosing the national anthem has always been part of the fun of simulating a nation in Particracy. One can't help but be impressed by your enthusiasm, though! I would personally look forward to any Particracy-related compositions you came up with!

Another idea: how about composing a general "Particracy" anthem, about the game itself?
Aquinas

Postby IdioC » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:15 pm

It would be likely you would have to liaise with each nation too, as players may have different ideas as to what the tune is within the same nation. It might be safer to compose your own idea of the anthems but without making them official. I'm sure the composers of the various anthem texts would be interested in your interpretation.

For example, having had a considerable hand in the old PDC anthem Pontesi recently restored and having written Jelbania's, I have a certain tune in my head when I think of them. However, if SelCru for example, were to put a tune for the Pontesi anthem it would probably differ to my own impression just because different people will have different ideas!

I should find an open-source equivalent to Sibelius or something to get my idea of the tune for "Jelbék Prsakijsrlji Lrn" down at least.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby SelucianCrusader » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:22 pm

IdioC wrote:For example, having had a considerable hand in the old PDC anthem Pontesi recently restored and having written Jelbania's, I have a certain tune in my head when I think of them. However, if SelCru for example, were to put a tune for the Pontesi anthem it would probably differ to my own impression just because different people will have different ideas!
Let's try that..

EDIT: This version is way better, though I'm still no professional:

:D
Last edited by SelucianCrusader on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SelucianCrusader

Postby RBDominator » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:39 pm

Aquinas wrote:It is probably unlikely the ability for nations to change their national anthems would ever be taken away, since choosing the national anthem has always been part of the fun of simulating a nation in Particracy. One can't help but be impressed by your enthusiasm, though! I would personally look forward to any Particracy-related compositions you came up with!

Another idea: how about composing a general "Particracy" anthem, about the game itself?

I think a song about the game itself would be broad and wouldn't really have the emotion individual ones about the countries would have. I would essentially take all of the national anthems and compose them based on the demographic they have, for example...

A Communist country would have an overly empowering song while a Capitalist free country would have one resembling the Star Spangled Banner in America. I guess it all depends. If Aquinas and you guys up there could think about restricting the change for the National Anthem, that is unless the country name changes, then I could do this, but if not, I may have to think of other options, anyone know any other options? (Besides the "Particracy" song itself)
RBDominator

Postby Aquinas » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:28 am

How about doing party anthems? Beginning with an anthem for your own party, perhaps?

I suspect a "Party Anthems Requests" thread would become popular in no time!
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:32 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:
IdioC wrote:For example, having had a considerable hand in the old PDC anthem Pontesi recently restored and having written Jelbania's, I have a certain tune in my head when I think of them. However, if SelCru for example, were to put a tune for the Pontesi anthem it would probably differ to my own impression just because different people will have different ideas!
Close enough?

(I'm not a professional in any way, and my mic kinda sucks :D )

Good to hear your voice again, Selcrus!

I look forward to hearing the Pntek version next...
Aquinas

Postby IdioC » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:35 am

Aquinas wrote:Good to hear your voice again, Selcrus!

I look forward to hearing the Pntek version next...

I'll give it a listen later but I've been meaning to do a Pnték version for ages to fit the same mitre.

Just got a PhD viva to pass first...
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Return to General