Disbands Military, Becomes Militarist

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Disbands Military, Becomes Militarist

Postby 18107 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:47 am

Hi there,

My friends party in Vorona, recently passed a law disbanding the nations military (due to the very shit economy there), yet the nation sees the party as militarist... why is this fact?

Re: Disbands Military, Becomes Militarist

Postby Aquinas » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:21 pm

The algorithm which determines the "Political Positions" of parties can throw up all sorts of strange anomalies in the short-term, but in the long-term, it tends to settle down and start to make sense. If, over time, your friend consistently votes along pacifist lines, then you could expect to see his position become recognised by the system as pacifist.

In this specific case, I would point that the bill disbanding the military came alongside another Article granting full privileges to paramilitaries. This latter Article may have been interpreted by the algorithm as not quite such a pacifist measure!
Aquinas

Postby Arielle Laurent » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:09 am

Aquinas wrote:The algorithm which determines the "Political Positions" of parties can throw up all sorts of strange anomalies in the short-term, but in the long-term, it tends to settle down and start to make sense. If, over time, your friend consistently votes along pacifist lines, then you could expect to see his position become recognised by the system as pacifist.

In this specific case, I would point that the bill disbanding the military came alongside another Article granting full privileges to paramilitaries. This latter Article may have been interpreted by the algorithm as not quite such a pacifist measure!

Aquinas can you help me?
Arielle Laurent

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:24 am

Arielle Laurent wrote:
Aquinas wrote:The algorithm which determines the "Political Positions" of parties can throw up all sorts of strange anomalies in the short-term, but in the long-term, it tends to settle down and start to make sense. If, over time, your friend consistently votes along pacifist lines, then you could expect to see his position become recognised by the system as pacifist.

Aquinas can you help me?

Just messaged you.
Aquinas

Return to General