Flags of Pontesi

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Flags of Pontesi

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:01 am

Just looking at the historical and present flags of my country makes me think about how diverse and intriguing its history is. :D

The Lerna Pennant, the oldest flag of Pontesi. Notice the cedar coat of arms:

Classic flag of the Pontesian Dynastic Empire:

Flag of the Flag of Dynastic Commonwealth of Pontesi and Gran Tadraki (Pontesian occupation of western Beiteynu):

Variant:

Flag of the Pontesian Hegemony during the Mederagaar Dynasty:

Flag of the Union of Imperial Crusader Kingdoms, the Crimson Crusade controlled regime in Pontesi led by Alamar Xarfaxis:

Flag of the Kingdom of Pontesi during the reign of Selucio-Pontesian patrician Aedinius family:

Flag of Pontesi during the Empire of Jelbic People's:

Flag of the "Pntek State":

Flag of House Avakian:

Flag of the (new) Pontesian Dynastic Commonwealth:

Idioc's "Pontesian Green Line" Pan-Jelbic Flag:

The Pontesian Tricolour, suggested as a "neutral" (non-ethnic) flag by the moderate faction of the Aurora Libertatis [me]. Never put to vote:

Isn't it great how much creativity PT brings out of people? :)
SelucianCrusader

Re: Flags of Pontesi

Postby IdioC » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:39 pm

That's over a thousand years of history painted in pictures of a thousand words.

(In RL terms, the first one's nearly 10 years old. I first joined Pontesi (and the game) on the 6th Jan a decade ago; I'm damn old.)

Edit: Also, your banner. Dude, you're on fire.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Reddy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Nice compilation, Selcru but I have got a nagging feeling that there's one missing :mrgreen:
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:04 am

IdioC wrote:That's over a thousand years of history painted in pictures of a thousand words.

(In RL terms, the first one's nearly 10 years old. I first joined Pontesi (and the game) on the 6th Jan a decade ago; I'm damn old.)

Edit: Also, your banner. Dude, you're on fire.
:)

The thing I love with our country ( ;) ) is that it's always been at the crossroads between several cultures and influences. We've often had a strong sense of Pontesianess, especially from the Empire days, but its content has varied as much as its flag.

Reddy wrote:Nice compilation, Selcru but I have got a nagging feeling that there's one missing :mrgreen:

So do I. I recall some light purple/blue flag with an Iranian-ish bird being used for a time, but couldn't find it.
SelucianCrusader

Postby IdioC » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:21 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:
Reddy wrote:Nice compilation, Selcru but I have got a nagging feeling that there's one missing :mrgreen:

So do I. I recall some light purple/blue flag with an Iranian-ish bird being used for a time, but couldn't find it.

Probably a red-tailed hawk then...
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Return to General