RP Planning Thread: Particracy's World War

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: RP Planning Thread: Particracy's World War

Postby kylejenkins27 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:08 pm

agreed
Demokratychna Delic Partija Deltársko
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Postby Zanz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:17 pm

Added a very basic outline of some ideas I have for what the war could look like as a whole up until Trigunia leaves the Majatran front, and then the Majatran front afterward. Please take a look and discuss.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:45 pm

I think Indrala has two options:

1. Use its string of naval bases to Majatra (Indrala to Kanjor to Kafuristan) to rapidly assist with naval actions in Majatra with groups of smaller forces (taking time to actually mass ships), either by helping to engage the Trigunian fleet or blockade Deltaria. From there, Indrala could slowly bring troops to Majatra and commence an invasion of Deltaria.

2. Move its fleets, in cooperation with Gaduridos, to engage Trigunia directly in Keris, assisting Hutori. Indrala has a treaty with Dolgaria allowing Indrala to sail ships through their territorial waters, allowing Indrala to safely avoid Trigunian vessels upon entry into Keris (unless Trigunia wants to get Dolgaria involved). From there, we could just see where it goes, whether an invasion or blockade of Trigunia would be possible, or merely just hold off Trigunia until Vanuku ends the war in Majatra.

I think option 2. makes the most sense, otherwise Majatra would be a blood bath.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Oakwood » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Okay, sorry I've been gone. So with the addition of Deltaria it now gets complicated: Barmenia recognized the Czardom some time ago, and so it might have to opt for neutrality on that front. However, due to the current Queen the nation is still allied with Vanuku. That shall likely change with the death of her husband, King Michael. With the rise of her son, Prince Christopher to the throne as King of Barmenia, I shall have the Assembly imprison the Queen mother (whom they have united in a mutual disdain for) and seal the border with Pontesi (this has effectively been true for several years at any rate, but it shall be true on both sides now). Following this, though Vanuku's troops shall be allowed to remain, they shall not be permitted to provoke the Pontesians.

Following the invasion and repulsion (the secondary one), the Apostolic Army shall be called upon to crush the heretical militia and occupy the enemy nation for the remainder of the war. This shall indeed likely defeat the Pontesian threat, leading to a drawn out battle with the Trigunians on the part of the Vaukeans and the Barmenians (who shall join in late in this theater due to a wish to ward off foreign invasion).
Last edited by Oakwood on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakwood

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:03 pm

Speaking of the Kersian/Makon front, my thought process is that Hutori declares War or at the very least pledges military intervention, firstly on Deltaria after they begin putting down a slave revolt/committing genocide or whatever. Trigunia threatens military action against Hutori if we get involved. Hutori doesn't back down and we decide that its time to settle things with the Trigunian Bear once and for all and we launch a pre-emptive strike against Trigunia.

Our pre-emptive strike may even allow for a limited amphibious/airborne invasion of either Radin or Brakav... that how i got the thought process to start.

If its just Hutori and Trigunia in a straight up slugfest "conventional wisdom" says Trigunia will win on the seas, while on land and in the air its much more difficult to say; Hutori has spent years bulking up and modernizing its Army and Air Force while Trigunia has mostly spent recent years expanding its naval capabilities (though my addition of the T-14 tank I'm kinda regretting now :P) so its hard to say how the actual ground engagement will go.

On the seas however the odds at least even out if Indrala and Hutori are teaming up against the Trigunian Navy... even more so if New Endralon itself get involves and forces the Trigunians to further divide their military efforts (south in Majatra, west against Hutori and east against New Endralon)
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby SelucianCrusader » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:26 pm

Zanz wrote:[*]Barmenia, with the help of Vanuku, is able to resist the initial Pontesian advance but, after some gains into the Pontesian homeland, is repulsed by Crimson Crusader fanatics. Or whatever you want to do, SelCru. I'm open to it. Perhaps some genocide is in order?
[*]Perhaps Hobrazia launches a small-scale invasion of Pontesi across the narrow ocean? They might have some success but they'd probably be ultimately repulsed from the Pontesian mountain country. I forget how Hobrazia figures into the religious picture but maybe the invasion triggers some sort of genocide, too?
Really I just want genocide in our Armenia.
So do I. Part of why i want to be in this war, except that it's fun, is to get more reasons for demographic changes and Armenization in the upcoming protocols revision. :mrgreen:

The Crusade will use the aggression from the seat of the former Khaganate as an excuse to commit a genocide on those who have resisted the state's de-Jelbicization efforts of the last ten years. They will use flamethrowers and possibly jetpacks, but be light on heavier weaponry. Pontesi's mountainous is not well-suited for tanks, which is the reason for the Commonwealth's armed forces to field modern day cavalry units and armoured cars as an alternative to proper tanks (lack of adequate oil reserves could be a reason too).

I'm okay with Barmenia and Vanuku beating Pontesi and occupying the lowlands of Mitraeum and forcing Pontesi out of the war. Julius Nerses, the Crimson Duke, will have to fall sooner or later. I've always imagine Pontesi's armed forces to be a largely privatized matter, with mercenaries, private companies and militias like the Crusade dominating it, rather than ordinary armed forces (I think this is what the OTAF calls an "Informal" army, although it should IMHO be closer to Lebanon with the Crusade playing the role of Hezbollah rather than an outright Somalia). As people are called into conscription while their compatriots are being slaughtered by the Crusade, the balance of power starts to shift against the Duke, and the moderate faction around Grand Vizier Athena (who has a somewhat legitimate claim on the throne, being an Aedinius) arranges a counter-coup and signs a separate pace with the democratic powers. A large part of the Eastern Hosians are transferred to Barmenia, the remnant is unified with the Terran Patriarchal Church and legalized, while Barmenia could dump it's Felinist population in Mitraeum (currently around 6% of our population, used to be organized in something called the Claws and Paws Militia, tied to the Crusade). Afterwards, most of the remaining Jelbic population in Pontesi would be Felinists (meaning okay in the Crusade's book), or Armenian-speaking like their presumed ancestors.
Last edited by SelucianCrusader on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SelucianCrusader

Postby SelucianCrusader » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Also, I have no idea what kind of navy Pontesi should have, despite the fact that it used a naval and colonial power almost a millennia ago. I imagine us to use submarines more than regular warships. Mostly because it fits the Armenian (Soviet), dirty tactic style of the Crusade.

We should have a few Jet Fighters in Dawnstar as well I imagine, some rocket artillery (Soviet-style, again) and we'd probably would want to have scud missiles but it's questionable if we can afford them.
SelucianCrusader

Postby kylejenkins27 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:38 pm

If the Trigunian Empire isnt completly destroyed in the war I'd prefer a peace that leaves Deltaria as a client state or extremely dependant on Trigunia instead of the seat of a united nations,
Demokratychna Delic Partija Deltársko
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Postby Maxington » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:42 pm

I'm up for this.
LOL, How do i implement comedy in a war story. Well then on Hutori, (seeing you in the Arctic my friend).
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Nickmaster » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:46 pm

In my opinion no nation's prime motivation in this war should be the end of Deltarian slavery. Perhaps as a pretense, and perhaps as a factor compounded with a larger event or circumstance, but historically speaking the vast, vast majority of nations do not care enough to go to war with other nations on the sole basis of human rights abuses. Mabye we should explore the motives of Cildania, etc. a bit more.

A series of alliances might prove to be a more realistic causus belli for the countries involved, IMO.
Nickmaster

PreviousNext

Return to General