Moderators should be playing the game

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Moderators should be playing the game

Postby SelucianCrusader » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:06 am

Maxington wrote:I agree with Siggon, it doesn't matter if they are moderation, they are still players and should be able to play the game and join in on the experience. When i first came here the Dranland Dream was coming to an end, so i never really got to see much of it, and i would like to see how it is. We could always have One Moderator monitoring the other's game-play, as Siggon said.
That's too bad. Everyone should had been given the chance to experience the Dranland Dream. It was the greatest thing that ever was in this game (even when compared with the epic IML-ATR conflict) and is the reason why Dankuks newspaper is the only one with 330 pages when most are below 30. It might have been the only place in the game were the game was ever played fully, on all the domestic, cultural and external levels. Aquinas' innovative RP was a big part of that, although of course everyone contributed well (I sorely miss both Alain and Matrin, even if we didn't always agree with each other :cry: ). If Pontesi could ever be a quarter of what Dranland was, I'll know I've succeeded in this game.
SelucianCrusader

Postby IdioC » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 pm

Aquinas wrote:I very much miss playing the game, to be honest, and at times have longed to rejoin. Unfortunately this is a tricky area, because Moderators can so easily be perceived to be influenced by in-game biases/agendas.

The game is never the same once you've started mucking out the stable, is it? I always found it was time that killed the ability to play. I never really regained that spark.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:06 pm

I have an idea... The mods (if they have time) could just RP for the "Third World" nations (the greyed-out area in the East that were once colonies). They could make up stories for the external politics (in a joint effort with the global RP team), and they could make up stories for the internal politics (stuff like election results, coups, etc. - with help from volunteers to generate content).
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Aquinas » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:23 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:I have an idea... The mods (if they have time) could just RP for the "Third World" nations (the greyed-out area in the East that were once colonies). They could make up stories for the external politics (in a joint effort with the global RP team), and they could make up stories for the internal politics (stuff like election results, coups, etc. - with help from volunteers to generate content).

We now have the Global Role-Play Team to do this, aka Kubrick, Liu Che, Polites & Zanz! Check out sections 19 & 20 of the Game Rules for more information on the Global Role-Play Team and the Role-Play Accord.
Aquinas

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Aquinas wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:I have an idea... The mods (if they have time) could just RP for the "Third World" nations (the greyed-out area in the East that were once colonies). They could make up stories for the external politics (in a joint effort with the global RP team), and they could make up stories for the internal politics (stuff like election results, coups, etc. - with help from volunteers to generate content).

We now have the Global Role-Play Team to do this, aka Kubrick, Liu Che, Polites & Zanz! Check out sections 19 & 20 of the Game Rules for more information on the Global Role-Play Team and the Role-Play Accord.

I know; that's why I mentioned them. I was saying that Moderation could RP the internal politics of the colonies. I don't think the Global RP Team's members have enough time to do this (stuff like election results, and other internal politics with the same depth that we see in countries that actually have players).
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Reddy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Hmmm...
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Farsun » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:38 pm

If they want to play the game, let them play the game. The community has always been fantastic about uprooting what they perceive to be "power-playing" by Moderators and other assorted individuals with power; they voluntarily moderate a game they once played. Let them play, plus we've got two rather upstanding Moderators now and I think it'd suffice to say that we probably shouldn't be worried.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Aquinas » Fri May 06, 2016 11:39 pm

As a few of you may have noticed, I have turned up in Badara. Somebody had to! Come & join me, people!

Any suggestions/ideas welcome, especially as I do not know Badara all that well yet...
Aquinas

Previous

Return to General