Selucia Returns!

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Selucia Returns!

Postby Iestwyn » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Salve, amici! (Selucian for "Hi, friends!" XD )

It looks like Selucia hasn't had much of an RP-er on this forum for a while. Never fear, for I would love to do what I can!

I would love to know what people think about Selucia's future, especially with my party's rather radical stance (seen in these two posts viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585&p=97709 ).

Such a position could anger many people in Majatra, allies and enemies alike. On the other hand, foreign powers in favor of a more democratic or liberal government might offer their support, so as to turn Selucian politics in directions they prefer. Think like how the USA works all the time. :P

Glad to be here, and please let me know your thoughts!
Iestwyn

Re: Selucia Returns!

Postby Zanz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:33 pm

I'm watching closely! Jelbania doesn't have any regional clout, so we won't play much role in the rp, but I may use pieces of your rp in my own future plans to create a Soviet style state in Jelbania. Nice rp thus far!
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Iestwyn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:49 pm

Thanks! As I've been exploring the forum, I've seen many of your posts. It means a lot to be complimented by someone who's so experienced!

So my party unexpectedly won a plurality (not a majority) in the election last night. FVA is now officially the strongest party in Selucia. :P
Iestwyn

Postby Iestwyn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:57 pm

Actually, Zanz, the FVA may send a delegate to Jelbania. Selucia has a minority of Jelbics, and since the FVA prides itself on speaking for the minority and fostering cooperation, we may propose some kind of relationship between the two nations.

Again, I'm very new; how would such an offer be taken by Jelbania? What kind of agreement would be most appropriate: economic, military, technological, diplomatic?
Iestwyn

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:21 pm

All of Seluciandom needs thoughtful leadership. We ought to form a Selucian Union / Empire or something like that at some point in the future..
SelucianCrusader

Postby Zanz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:58 pm

The Republican systems need a multinational state for once. What about some sort of elected council where the heads of state of the constituent nations rule the larger state in a council or something?
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Iestwyn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:06 pm

I think that sounds like an excellent idea. According to the other Selucian players, the current arrangement (using a treaty called "Kingdom of Selucia") is highly flawed, and has needed to be replaced for some time.

It's likely that if the FVA had its way, the Emir of Al'Badara would be allowed to reign, along with the Atabeg of Pontesi and the Ba'al of Cildania. Selucia would be a gracious and calm leader, like the ancient Persians. Besides, if this ends up being a Republican union, it may end up that Selucia has only a minimal advantage over other nations, like having the Council headquartered in Auroria.

There are two major obstacles to this: political and mechanical. Politically, though Pontesi and Badara may be supportive, Cildania and the common people of Selucia may be infuriated. Cildania wouldn't be happy because it would implicitly require acknowledging the legitimacy of the Emir's rule, as well as the fact that we're potentially downgrading the rank of King / Imperator Augustus. Selucians might be displeased that we're relinquishing control they might have viewed as rightfully theirs.

Game mechanics-wise, I don't think I have the authority to propose a new treaty. Unless I'm mistaken, I would have to have a Foreign Affairs guy in the Cabinet in order to do that, and I missed the Selucian cabinet election. Granted, it looks like it's only going to be two years until the next one, but that's still a delay. Though I suppose we could use the time to hash out exactly what should happen.
Iestwyn

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:40 pm

AFAIK, not being an expert in Latin, the name is wrong too. Should rather be "Regnum Seluciana".

And sorry but, I'm gonna say this out loud: the flag is... not very good. I understand someone put some effort into making it, but sometimes it's better to go with tradition. My favourite is still the one we used when I came to Selucia:

Polites' version is also quite nice however:

We (I) actually use the second one in the flag of the Bazileum Pentarchal Satrapy, the region of Pontesi where most of the Seluco-Pontesians live:

SelucianCrusader

Postby Iestwyn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:48 pm

I'll have to think about the flag. Changing the flag would certainly make sense if Selucia becomes a republic. I kind of like the current colors, but I also like the design of the first one you posted, SelCru.

The name is certainly incorrect if they're going for straight Latin. It currently comes closest to "Kingdom from Selucia," though even that isn't quite right. If we're going for straight Latin, then SelCru's Regnum Seluciana (almost) means "The Selucian Kingdom." If we're going for one that translates to the Kingdom of Selucia, then it's Regnum Seluciae.

Of course, there are a couple things to keep in mind. One is that we're on Terra, not Earth; it doesn't matter terribly much if Selucian isn't the same as Latin, since Selucia isn't really Rome. If we end up changing the name, my submission will probably be in grammatically correct Latin, but it's not that big a deal. Secondly, and less importantly, it's likely that we'll be using the word Republica if we change to a republic. I mean, that's a bit obvious, but... I dunno, I guess I'm just saying it to say it. XD
Iestwyn

Postby Iestwyn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Oh, and are there more countries that would be likely to react to FVA's ascension? Perhaps some outside Majatra that share our ideology, or some inside Majatra that I'd forgotten?
Iestwyn

Next

Return to General