Recruitment Co-ordination Committee

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Recruitment Co-ordination Committee

Postby Reddy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:08 pm

The Moderation Team is considering the creation of a new committee of players tasked with recruiting and attracting new players to the game. This of course is something most of us already do when we recommend the game to our friends and family. Here however, we seek to do the same on a greater scale and task a few individuals with the task of managing official Particracy social media accounts and develop strategies to attract new players. Candidates should be well acquainted with social media and the Internet at-large, especially other online gaming communities.

Interested players are invited to apply via private message to a member of the Moderation Team. Further details will be provided upon request.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Re: Recruitment Co-ordination Committee

Postby Choice Party » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Some advice for everyone, I reckon it'd definitely be a great idea to start up active social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter etc. I reckon we could try making things look more professional however, the forum coming to mind. I remember suggesting making a logo a while back for example. I remember advertising the game on a youth political forum called Youth Debates, but I don't think it really pulled many people here. Could try again if you guys liked. But yeah anyway that's just my two cents.
Choice (Dolgaria) 3811-3832
Choice (Luthori) 3832-3875, 3899-3934
Choice (Kalistan)3875-3883
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Labour (Selucia)3934-3944
Progressive (Dolgavas)3944-3959
New Choice (Luthori) 3959-3982
LSP (Gaduridos) 3982-4004
Democratic (Mikuni-Hulstria) 4004-4038
Choice Party

Postby Farsun » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Choice Party wrote:Some advice for everyone, I reckon it'd definitely be a great idea to start up active social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter etc. I reckon we could try making things look more professional however, the forum coming to mind. I remember suggesting making a logo a while back for example. I remember advertising the game on a youth political forum called Youth Debates, but I don't think it really pulled many people here. Could try again if you guys liked. But yeah anyway that's just my two cents.

The problem with that is upkeep, upkeep in advertising is literally one of the largest pains in the asses ever. It's a fantastic idea, but whose going to do it? Even if you have a team, its still a pain to do.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Let's say there's a Particracy Twitter account...

The RP team can just give them a list of interesting things that happened in the game (both with internal politics in individual countries, and with global issues), like controversial bills, conflict resolutions, etc.

It will be just like reporting resolutions passed by a Model UN club. Persons have been attracted to the Model UN club at my school, based on things we've discussed in our simulations.

If you have a team, don't give the same responsibility to 2 persons if it's not a divisible responsibility. Each may just expect that the other 2 will do enough, and will eventually slack off, or complain about the other 2 instead of just doing the work himself. If you delegate specific tasks or subtasks to individuals, a team can work out well. I doubt Moderation's intention is to have the entire committee running each social media page; different members of the committee can take on different tasks. I'm sure if you made it a solid responsibility, someone who is on social media enough would take it seriously.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Farsun » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:42 pm

Key to it all is organizing and effective decision making. Someone responsible for snagging interesting news stories or bills and posting them to FB/Twitter while another is focused on maybe a Reddit advertisement section.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Reddy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:19 pm

Sorry for the late response. Some very good ideas here, keep 'em coming! Siggon's right - we don't plan on a model where the duties are exercised collectively (except maybe in a few categories) each individual member of the Committee will have specific responsibilities - social media, outreach to certain targeted online communities, statistics and research etc.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Return to General