What does being apart of the cabinet mean?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

What does being apart of the cabinet mean?

Postby jay42544 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 pm

This party is part of the national cabinet, and controls the following ministries:
Okay let's say I'm apart of the cabinet. Like Ministry of Internal Affairs. What can I actually do with this? Is it just for looks orrr?
jay42544

Re: What does being apart of the cabinet mean?

Postby Maxington » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:35 am

jay42544 wrote:This party is part of the national cabinet, and controls the following ministries:
Okay let's say I'm apart of the cabinet. Like Ministry of Internal Affairs. What can I actually do with this? Is it just for looks orrr?

Well i would approach this at a point by point basis.

1. What does being apart of the cabinet mean?
Being apart of the cabinet means that you have been chosen/chose to hold a Government Position. In which you are a member of a body of high-ranking state officials, typically consisting of the top leaders of the government.

2. What can I actually do with this?
There are many ways to use this. In-game it has its uses in which you can use the Minister of Internal Affairs (The Ministry of Internal Affairs is a government department/ministry in-charge of the Police) as a way to ramp up support in a police related legislation/bill. By this I mean that you can use the Minister of Internal Affairs, via(through) role-play to push for the approval of a legislation you support. *NOTE*:This does not mean since you have Minister of Internal Affairs any police related legislation is going to be at your mercy, in terms that if you don't vote the bill would not be passed, it will be passed (since you basically can't hold back democracy! :lol: ). Once more, I stress that the Government Ministries/Ministers are mainly used as a basis of role-play. But there are some Ministries where the game gives you an option to do something with them.
For example: If you go to your country's home page/main page, and click on "Cabinet: click here to view the cabinet." , scroll down and click on "Ministers can perform their executive actions on this page" under the option of the Prime Minister or who ever the Head of Government is (Head of Government being the person in-charge of the government) you will see ,"Announce a world-wide press release on behalf of your country" & "Request declaration of war", with the first option being the only one you are allowed to click on. The same for Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Finance, with the other ministries not giving you the option to click on things just as you could with Ministry of Finance,Foreign Affairs and head of Government. This is because the game is no longer updated and when these options were introduced the game was still in what gamers would call ,"Alpha & Beta Testing" but in the end they were never introduced since the game is no longer updated.

In conclusion, the Ministries you may to placed into, to those in this community are basically used in role-play.
E.g. (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=446369)

*I hope what i put out here was in the clearest way possible, if you have any questions, please direct them to the people those names are in Green. (Reddy & Aquinas).
*If you have any other questions on your mind, visit here:(http://classic.particracy.net/faq.php) to see if any of the raised questions line up with yours, if not, don't hesitate to visit here: (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4176)

:mrgreen:
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Re: What does being apart of the cabinet mean?

Postby Aquinas » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:05 pm

Many thanks for this, Maxington. We should put you on an official "Welcoming Committee" or something :).

Only 2 little things to add: the Head of Government and the Foreign Minister can issue press releases which appear in the in-game newspaper, and the Foreign Minister can do Treaties.
Aquinas

Return to General