Ideas from a Communist-User

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Ideas from a Communist-User

Postby derpy » Mon May 02, 2016 3:02 am

This is a idea I've sorta obsessed over, I was thinking about why couldn't we use the engine of Particracy to make a representation of the real World starting in the turn of the 20th century, with perhaps a system where when the number of years hit 2100 it would restart (allowing new players to be influential in the Alt History of this new World)

Just a crazy idea, I don't believe any one has any one could do this, but I'd like to have a conversation about this.
Hey, hello, new person here.
derpy

Re: Ideas from a Communist-User

Postby Aquinas » Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 am

Very interesting idea, and I've no doubt it would have the potential to become popular! But the thing is, it was announced some years back that development on Particracy Classic has come to an end, so it is unlikely anything like this will get implemented.

The good news is a new version of Particracy is under development, known as "Particracy Dev" or "Particracy 3". I understand the idea with this is that it will be possible to have multiple "worlds", so presumably all sorts of concepts, including the one you mentioned, could end up being experimented with. For more information, I recommend emailing the designer, Wouter Lievens (lievenswouter@gmail.com ) and checking out these links:

http://dev.particracy.net/
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5940
Aquinas

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon May 02, 2016 10:18 pm

IIRC, Wouter did want to do a real-world theme in P3/PDev... It would be great if you helped out, derpy.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby derpy » Mon May 02, 2016 10:28 pm

I ain't good with programming but I maybe able to help with History and Concepts, and as well I could take some of my Free-Time to learn how to program something like Particracy, just as I said I don't have a good grasp on programming at this moment.
Hey, hello, new person here.
derpy

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon May 02, 2016 11:45 pm

Eh, I know absolutely nothing about programming, either.

I'm sure your help with conceptual stuff would be very much appreciated.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Return to General