General discussions about the Particracy Classic including role-play planning and suggestions.

Re: Feedback: Real-Life Equivalents Index

Postby robmark0000 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:08 pm

Based on:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2390&p=170920#p170920
+ the In-Character Particracy Classic Discord server

HyperSociety: Discord
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby jamescfm » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:15 pm

Prior to my resignation as part of the Moderation team, I had been doing some administrative work on the Real Life Equivalents Index. My view was (and still is) that the Index needs an overhaul and should be structured in a different manner.

At the moment the first section is called "cultures, languages, ethnicities", I think this should probably be separated into two sections: "ethnic groups and peoples" and "languages and language families". In many cases, languages have different names than the groups identified with them and this would avoid any confusion on the front. As the new name indicates too, there are many real-life equivalents for language families as well as individual languages.

I had already finished most of a first draft on this change in structure. If I were to complete this, would Moderation be willing to implement it? In broader terms, do other players have any issues or suggestions regarding the Real Life Equivalents Index?
jamescfm

Postby neoliberalbad » Mon May 31, 2021 12:12 am

Is there any chance for a Pyongyang equivalent for Dankuk? Geographically it could be Seongtaek to mirror the Pyongyang-Seoul divide geographically, or Taeyang, the northernmost major city.
neoliberalbad

Previous

Return to General Discussion