Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Real-Life Equivalents Index: feedback

Postby jamescfm » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:10 am

Akhenaten wrote:One of hts, CCP or I are planning to start a Rastafari movement (Rasezanaism) in Malivia as part of establishing it as Jamaica/the Caribbean. Closest thing to Haile Selassie I is Ezana Yakub. viewtopic.php?p=62649#p62649

Nothing really stopping you from continuing on that path, although if we're both planning on doing this we might want to work out a common origin or something to keep everything neat.

Sounds good to me. The only reference I have made thus far is in this article, where I said 'A small sect of the reggae movement have even adopted a form of Hosianism which views smoking 'herb' as a spiritual act'. I had intended expanding on this further in future, perhaps growing the following of Rastafari within Kizenia. I could say that one of Kizenia's reggae bands was converted whilst on tour in Malivia or something like that.

One point I would make about the term 'Rasezanaism' is that, in real life, a lot of Rastafarians don't like the term Rastafarianism- specifically the 'ism' so you might be better calling it 'Rasezanai'. Not sure how fixed this is yet, though, so if you've already RP'ed it to a certain extent then I wouldn't worry.
jamescfm

Postby CCP » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:08 am

jamescfm wrote:
Akhenaten wrote:One of hts, CCP or I are planning to start a Rastafari movement (Rasezanaism) in Malivia as part of establishing it as Jamaica/the Caribbean. Closest thing to Haile Selassie I is Ezana Yakub. viewtopic.php?p=62649#p62649

Nothing really stopping you from continuing on that path, although if we're both planning on doing this we might want to work out a common origin or something to keep everything neat.

Sounds good to me. The only reference I have made thus far is in this article, where I said 'A small sect of the reggae movement have even adopted a form of Hosianism which views smoking 'herb' as a spiritual act'. I had intended expanding on this further in future, perhaps growing the following of Rastafari within Kizenia. I could say that one of Kizenia's reggae bands was converted whilst on tour in Malivia or something like that.

One point I would make about the term 'Rasezanaism' is that, in real life, a lot of Rastafarians don't like the term Rastafarianism- specifically the 'ism' so you might be better calling it 'Rasezanai'. Not sure how fixed this is yet, though, so if you've already RP'ed it to a certain extent then I wouldn't worry.

Well the only reason there's an "i" in Rastafari is because the emperor's given name was Tafari Mekonnen. His second landed title was Ras of Harar (Duke of Harar), hence "RasTafari." I don't know the background of Rasta objections to "ism," but I doubt hts, Akh, or anyone will make an issue over calling the religion Rasezana vs Rasezanism. Maybe it can be worked into the RP somehow -- maybe your Kizenian sect could advocate for "Rasezana" and the Malivians could use "Rasezanaism". Actually, I should probably talk with Akh and hts about getting started on the Rasezana RP soonish because it could fit well with Malivia's current revolution storyline.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Aquinas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:17 pm

Added "Rastafarianism: Rasezanaism" and "Haile Selassie I: Ezana Yakub" to the Index for now. Let me know if you'd like any additions/changes.
Aquinas

Postby jamescfm » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:53 pm

According to Wikipedia, they view 'ism's as part of 'Babylon culture'. Like I say, I don't think it's a huge deal necessarily but just wanted to make you were aware.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 pm

A couple of queries; I'm drafting Kalistan's CPs and need some help with religions. Firstly, can someone clarify that when the Index metions 'Oriental form: Apostolic Church of the East' it means the Oriental Orthodoxy and can I also ask what 'Bishopal' refers to?
jamescfm

Postby CCP » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:04 pm

I think Bishopalism is Anglicanism, or Episcopalianism more broadly. Don't quote me on that though.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby jamescfm » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:16 pm

CCP wrote:I think Bishopalism is Anglicanism, or Episcopalianism more broadly. Don't quote me on that though.

Better than nothing (which is what I have at the moment!), I'll try and find a current CP which contains it, to cross-reference it with. Thank you!
jamescfm

Postby Aquinas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:20 pm

jamescfm wrote:A couple of queries; I'm drafting Kalistan's CPs and need some help with religions. Firstly, can someone clarify that when the Index metions 'Oriental form: Apostolic Church of the East' it means the Oriental Orthodoxy

I think yes, broadly speaking, but check out the Wikia entry for more info: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Aposto ... f_the_East

jamescfm wrote:and can I also ask what 'Bishopal' refers to?

I'm not sure what the precise context is where you saw that (the term isn't in the Real-Life Equivalents Index), but basically I think CCP is right. Where you see "Bishopalism" referred to in Cultural Protocols and elsewhere in Particracy, it is generally referring to Anglicanism/Episcopalianism. Found an article on the Wikia: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Bishopal_Church
Aquinas

Postby jamescfm » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Aquinas wrote:I'm not sure what the precise context is where you saw that (the term isn't in the Real-Life Equivalents Index), but basically I think CCP is right. Where you see "Bishopalism" referred to in Cultural Protocols and elsewhere in Particracy, it is generally referring to Anglicanism/Episcopalianism. Found an article on the Wikia: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Bishopal_Church

I should've said: it was in our old CPs but I couldn't find the real-life equivalent- as you say it isn't in the Index. I probably should've checked the Wiki first :lol:
jamescfm

Postby Sir Thomas Hill » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Does anyone know if we have a catch-all term for South Asian/Desi peoples? Is it just Kalkani?
Alliance Rose of Kanjor [Active]
The Unionists of Solentia [Inactive]
Game/Discord Username: Gobbleke
Sir Thomas Hill

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback