Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Real-Life Equivalents Index: feedback

Postby jamescfm » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Sir Thomas Hill wrote:Does anyone know if we have a catch-all term for South Asian/Desi peoples? Is it just Kalkani?

In Kalistan, Kalkali is used ethnically to refer to Hindustanis and linguistically to refer a group of languages primarily spoken in India (i.e. Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Gujrati, Sindhi and Kashmiri).
jamescfm

Postby Sir Thomas Hill » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Much obliged!
Alliance Rose of Kanjor [Active]
The Unionists of Solentia [Inactive]
Game/Discord Username: Gobbleke
Sir Thomas Hill

Postby KanjorRepublicain » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Does there need to be an in-game word for Jacobinism or since its not a reference to a real word individual does it not need one?

I wasn't sure because it is a reference to a real world street which was named for a real person?
KanjorRepublicain

Postby Aquinas » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:03 pm

KanjorRepublicain wrote:Does there need to be an in-game word for Jacobinism or since its not a reference to a real word individual does it not need one?

I wasn't sure because it is a reference to a real world street which was named for a real person?

I would say Jacobin/Jacobinism is too much of a prominent real-life reference to be used in-game, so I'd recommend coming up with an in-game alternative. But there would be no problem with referring to Jacobinism in a clearly OOC context, to help to communicate to players what you are trying to describe.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:25 am

In light of this, could you remove "Buddhism (Zen): Cheng Daenism" and instead add the below as equivalents of the subdivisions of Buddhism:

• Theravada: Upayana
• Mahayana: Mazdayana
• Zen: Zensho

I created wiki pages for them (Upayana, Mazdayana, and Zensho), but so far only the Mazdayana article is complete. I'll be working on the others in the future though.
Polites

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Done.
Aquinas

Postby Rabblerouser » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:55 pm

We still need in-game equivalents of Congregationalism and Pentecostalism. For the latter, the wiki does mention "Charismic" churches, but it's not listed in the index.
Partidul Naţional Ţărănesc, Confederația Noului Endralon, Kizenia și Kuzakiului

Red is the blood of our martyrs, blue the endless sky, and golden the sun that rises above our homeland!
Rabblerouser

Postby Warlock » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Rabblerouser wrote:We still need in-game equivalents of Congregationalism and Pentecostalism. For the latter, the wiki does mention "Charismic" churches, but it's not listed in the index.
I've always used "Charismic" as a term for both Pentecostal and Charismatic movements in general - some of my characters have been Charismic Auroran Patriarchalists (Charismatic Catholics) etc.

I agree there should be an equivalent of Congregationalism - how about simply calling them "Nonconformist Luthorans"?
Also known as SelucianCrusader
Warlock

Postby LawOfTheSeas » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:30 am

Could I request an in-game equivalent for Plato and Socrates?

I thought that "Piletus" might work for Plato, and Socrates could be "Sokriatos". In my mind, they're Kalopian, but that could be up for debate. I just need to include them on my wiki page for Logarchism (my own made up ideology).
☭FULL COMMUNISM NOW, COMRADES!☭
Country of Birth: Ireland
Country I live in now: Australia
Ideology: Communism
Nation and Party: Cogitari, Selucia
LawOfTheSeas

Postby Polites » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:11 am

"Charismism" should imo be added to the index, and I agree that "Nonconformist Luthorans" works as an equivalent for Congregationalism, unless someone comes up with a better term.

Piletus/Piletos and Sokriatos do work well for Plato and Socrates, and I agree that they should be Kalopian.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback