Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Real-Life Equivalents Index: feedback

Postby cm9777 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:09 am

I'm going to put all implementations on hold until Polites gets back so we can work through them together. He will be back as per his message this week.
cm9777

Postby Polites » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 am

All added.

jamescfm wrote:Could someone with a better understanding of Greek come up with names for Xenophon and Aristotle, please?

The Aristotle equivalent seems to be Aristoblichos, as mentioned here. If nobody has any objection I will add that to the equivalents.

jamescfm wrote:
Repasto wrote:On the index, Ikpi refers to Maori but also Aboriginal (and in practice it seems to be used to describe an Aboriginal population). It might be better to use "Ikpi" for Aboriginal and another name for Maori (I would suggest "Mātou" or something similar), considering that these really are separate, individual cultures.

Obviously I'm very late to this but I'm not convinced this was entirely necessary. While I have no special claim to the Ikpi people, the identity which I'd built up was one which was not directly based on either Maori or Aboriginal Australians. Given that there is such diversity within the "Aboriginal Australian" label, I'd established that the Ikpi were extremely diverse with various different groups using the label or having it applied to them by others. The "Ikpi people" wiki page goes highlights this and contains aspects of both Maori and Aboriginal Australian culture and tradition. As I say, I'm probably too late in my objection but I think this is a case of having too much direct symmetry between real-life and Particracy when it isn't necessary.

That is a fair point, but I think the two groups are far too different IRL to group them under one heading. I dunno, depends on how those actually RPing these groups want to see them.
Polites

Postby CCP » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Please add to the Religious Figures section:

Min: Tut

Please add to the Concepts and Political Movements section:

African Nationalism: Esinsunduism
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Edmund » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:12 pm

At the moment the Welsh equivalent leads to some confusion. I'd propose this instead:

"Welsh: Draddwyr. Language = Draddeg."
Edmund

Postby Polites » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:23 am

Added.
Polites

Postby cb15 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:12 am

Apple = Orange
iPhone = oPhone (and so on and so forth with iPad and iPod, and other “i” services such as iTunes.)
Macintosh computer = Clementine Computer (MacBook is ClemenBook)
cb15

Postby lewiselder1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:07 pm

cb15 wrote:Apple = Orange
iPhone = oPhone (and so on and so forth with iPad and iPod, and other “i” services such as iTunes.)
Macintosh computer = Clementine Computer (MacBook is ClemenBook)

I like the concept and especially like the Clementine thing, my concern is primarily that 'Orange' is already a real phone service provider so is in kind of the same field... Perhaps "Pear" or "Banana" or something instead? (With pPhone or bPhone or whatever).
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby CCP » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:55 pm

How bout Fruit. As in the iFruit9 :lol:
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby cb15 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:00 am

Yeah, I like CCP’s idea.

Apple=Fruit
iPhone=iFruit
iPad=iPear
iPod=iPlum
Macintosh=Clementine
MacBook=BerryBook
cb15

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:05 pm

I like it — is that a sneaky GTAV reference, by the way!?

I think BerryBook might be confusing so I’d prefer to have it be ClemenBook as before, just makes more sense. Otherwise I’ll add that list as is :)
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback