Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Real-Life Equivalents Index: feedback

Postby jamescfm » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:39 pm

The Index currently lists "Mehmet Ali Hoca" as the game's Atatürk equivalent. As far as I have been able to determine, no forum role-play exists at all establishing this character as even existing, let alone being the founding father of Jakania. I'd like to request that this equivalent be removed from the index and that the players in Jakania be free to create an Atatürk equivalent somewhere in the history of the country.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:40 pm

jamescfm wrote:The Index currently lists "Mehmet Ali Hoca" as the game's Atatürk equivalent. As far as I have been able to determine, no forum role-play exists at all establishing this character as even existing, let alone being the founding father of Jakania. I'd like to request that this equivalent be removed from the index and that the players in Jakania be free to create an Atatürk equivalent somewhere in the history of the country.

I expected this. I don't really think that there is any set precedent or procedure for "removing" something from the list but having discussed this on Discord and seeing the wiki page affiliated with the character. Would you be presenting another option as an in-game equivalent or simply just no equivalent?
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Auditorii wrote:I expected this. I don't really think that there is any set precedent or procedure for "removing" something from the list but having discussed this on Discord and seeing the wiki page affiliated with the character. Would you be presenting another option as an in-game equivalent or simply just no equivalent?

I'd like to have a character that, while obviously not exactly the same as Atatürk, better reflects his ideology and his influence on Turkish politics. That said, I don't have a name to give you right now and I'd like to discuss with the other two players in Jakania beforehand, so I would like another option but don't have the details to give you right now.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:53 pm

I think when you've come up with a replacement that makes more sense in the scope of the equivalency, we'll go from there but for now I think its safe to hold off.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:27 am

Spoken to the other Jakanian players and produced a short outline of "Ozkanism", which I am proposing as an in-game equivalent to Kemalism/Atatürkism. "Temiz Ozkan" should be the in-game equivalent to Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. The character is not a direct copy and the ideology is not entirely the same as Kemalism, to reflect the nuances of Jakania's position compared to that of the real life Turkey. In spite of this Ozkanism is characterised by many of the same commitments known in Kemalism as the six arrows and the character of Temiz Ozkan shares many of the same characteristics as Atatürk (certainly more than the current equivalent).
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:43 am

I think that's a fair amount of basic information to build on. Great work. I'll change it up.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Thu May 28, 2020 1:12 pm

Just a few notes and suggestions.

"Albanian" is currently listed as "Siphinian" when it should be "Siphinan" (only two i's), according to the Wiki page and Kalopia's cultural protocol. "Croatian" is currently listed twice, rather than having both terms appear next to each other.

"Austronesian" is currently listed as "Malvic", which presumably derives from Malivia but doesn't seem to have any basis in forum role-play (a search for the term brings no results). The term "Nautic" is my suggestion for a replacement. I have used it in reference to the languages as well as in the context of the Tropican (Polynesian) people. The main country with an Austronesian population is Temania, where Locke has also used the term.

On a purely superficial note, there are a few instances where a hyphen has been used rather than a colon in the Index, see "Anglican", "Pentecostal and Charismatic movements" and "Ultrajectine Old Catholics"
jamescfm

Postby robmark0000 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:44 pm

If there is another equivalents for Star Wars, then this post won't matters.

But...
This is my equivalents for Star Wars in PT' world.
(I am a big SW-fan, so if there Star Trek's equivalents than must be SW-equivalents :D )

Title:
Star Wars - Systems Wars
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace - Systems Wars: Dark Shadows
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones - Systems Wars: Arrive of the Clones
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Systems Wars: Victory of the Cith
Star Wars: A New Hope - Systems Wars: Another Hope
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - Systems Wars: Revenge of the Monarchy
Star Wars: The Return of the Yedhi - Systems Wars: Victory of the Yedhi
Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Systems Wars: Wake-up of the Power
Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Systems Wars: The Last Yedhi
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Systems Wars: Skykiller's Reborn
Rouge One - A Star Wars Story - Red One - A Systems Wars Story
Solo - A Star Wars Story - Alon - A Systems Wars Story
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Systems Wars: War of the Clones

Religion:
The Force - The Power
Jedi - Yedhi
Sith - Cith

States:
Galactic Empire - Galactic Monarchy
Alliance to Restore the Republic or Rebel Alliance - Unity to Restore the Commonwealth or Uprising Committee
Confederacy of Independent Systems or Separatist Alliance - Federated Independent Systems or Secession Committee
Galactic Republic - Galactic Commonwealth
First Order - Premier Order
Resistance - Capacitance

This changes is enough for the time being. If this is good what I doing with this, then I will continue the equivalents for SW.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:07 pm

jamescfm wrote:Just a few notes and suggestions.

"Albanian" is currently listed as "Siphinian" when it should be "Siphinan" (only two i's), according to the Wiki page and Kalopia's cultural protocol. "Croatian" is currently listed twice, rather than having both terms appear next to each other.

"Austronesian" is currently listed as "Malvic", which presumably derives from Malivia but doesn't seem to have any basis in forum role-play (a search for the term brings no results). The term "Nautic" is my suggestion for a replacement. I have used it in reference to the languages as well as in the context of the Tropican (Polynesian) people. The main country with an Austronesian population is Temania, where Locke has also used the term.

On a purely superficial note, there are a few instances where a hyphen has been used rather than a colon in the Index, see "Anglican", "Pentecostal and Charismatic movements" and "Ultrajectine Old Catholics"

Reiterating these previous recommendations. I'd also like to suggest that "Tukaric" is added as an equivalent to "Turkic".
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:30 pm

jamescfm wrote:Just a few notes and suggestions.

On a purely superficial note, there are a few instances where a hyphen has been used rather than a colon in the Index, see "Anglican", "Pentecostal and Charismatic movements" and "Ultrajectine Old Catholics".

I'd also like to suggest that "Tukaric" is added as an equivalent to "Turkic".

I would appreciate a response from Moderation to these suggestions, which I first made over three weeks ago.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback