Centralizing and Summarizing RP to Increase Game Activity

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Centralizing and Summarizing RP to Increase Game Activity

Postby CCP » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:38 pm

I'd like to revive this effort and I'd like to ask everyone to heavily participate in this.

The link above is an old RP thread in the international news forum. It includes short headlines or summaries with links to various in-character things happening on both the forum and the game system.

The reason this thread will help increase activity is that it will centralize all RP activity in one place. Currently the game is very atomized, with every country functioning as little universes unto themselves. Interaction between countries only occurs when an enterprising player actively reaches out to contact players in another country. Lots of information about goings-on across the game world is lost if players miss an important news article or RP thread. And many important RP events occurring in bill threads on the game system remain nearly unknown outside of the handful of parties playing in a country.

The headline thread will help solve these problems by providing one central, up-to-date repository where all gameplay can be summarized and linked to. Instead of having to read every newspaper and RP thread, and instead of having to visit all 58 countries and dig through old bill threads, players can quickly skim recent posts in this summary thread to find RP of interest and in which they can get their countries, parties, and characters involved. By making game information easier and quicker to access, the barrier to starting and joining RPs will be greatly reduced.

It would help if this thread could be stickied in the International News forum or in all the Roleplaying forums (global sticky). But it will be understandable if Aquinas and Reddy want to see active use of the thread before stickying it. So I'm asking everyone to please help this effort get going. Everytime you post a news article, please copy and paste your article's headline into the summary thread and include a link to the original article and other relevant posts. You can also summarize on-going events from other forum threads and from your country on the game system. You can even forgo long-form RP altogether and instead post your plot points in the summary thread to move your RP along.

I started the thread back in 2014 but I left the game before I could get it off the ground. I will get the ball rolling this time by posting headlines from recent news articles. And in a few days, I'll reach out to the most active RPers to personally ask for their help.

Thoughts? Suggestions? But most of all, say you'll join in.
Last edited by CCP on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Re: Centralizing and Summarizing RP to Increase Game Activity

Postby CCP » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:12 pm

Actually it's in the international orgs forum. @Aquinas, @Reddy, can someone move it to the news forum.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Only the official news threads for each nation are meant to be allowed in International News, but we could review this if there was sufficient demand for making an exception.

For what it's worth, I think this is a great idea, CCP, and I hope it will take off. Anything that makes players more aware of what other players are doing is a good thing.
Aquinas

Postby hts » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:30 pm

I like this idea a lot. It will make it easier for everyone to stay updated on international happenings. I will definitely use it, and I would support moving it into the news thread.
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”
hts

Return to General