Knowledge of Jakania

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Knowledge of Jakania

Postby Cracov » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has information of Jakania's past history? Thank you! :)!
Cracov

Re: Knowledge of Jakania

Postby Farsun » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:23 pm

When I played there I introduced Azeri (from Azerbaijan) to be the Turjak language. It was divided between Turkish speaking to the south and Cyrillic-based to the North (or visa versa) they were based off Azeris as well as Chechnyans.

I also played the country as an Arab majority who was basically a failed state as Jakania has been played. I played it as a hybrid Syria/Iraq.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:36 pm

Jakania is currently Culturally Open, but when it was Culturally Protected, this was its Cultural Protocol: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=447240

As you can see, it was majority Majatran (Arabic), with Turjak (Turkish) and Luthori (English) minorities.

If you're interested, I would also suggest checking out Jakania's news thread.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:27 pm

The Wiki article has a lot of useful information as well, although it's currently outdated and needs some cleanup. There's also a rather incomplete wiki page on Jakanian culture, although it tends to make a couple of outlandish claims and does not sound very encyclopedic at times.

Of course, since Jakania is Culturally Open, none of that is binding, but I strongly suggest you take the old Cultural Protocol, the news thread, and the Wiki articles into consideration for your RP.
Polites

Postby Farsun » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Polites wrote:The Wiki article has a lot of useful information as well, although it's currently outdated and needs some cleanup. There's also a rather incomplete wiki page on Jakanian culture, although it tends to make a couple of outlandish claims and does not sound very encyclopedic at times.

Of course, since Jakania is Culturally Open, none of that is binding, but I strongly suggest you take the old Cultural Protocol, the news thread, and the Wiki articles into consideration for your RP.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=45

Appears he has gone the way of not.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Cracov » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi, thanks for the great info, it's really helped.

Currently, I'm not sure where I want to take Jakania although I would like to continue the theme of it being a sort of failed nation.

I do plan to slowly shift my party (the Democratic Party) away from democracy and more towards a corrupt nation. I plan to slowly censor the media and eventually develop an upper assembly in which it contains only Democratic Party members expect from 1 member of each other party.
Cracov

Postby Cracov » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi guys.

I've taken the advice given and altered the one I made as a sort of future version of the previous one.

This is in no way a final copy and is currently just randomly sentences joined together:
About Jakania:
Jakania was one of the many nations to face colonisation by the rich Luthorian people. The nation is now bitterly devided between the now majority of Luthorians & Hutorians controlling almost all of the wealth. Since colonisation Jakania has faced countless problems including recessions, debt crisis and struggled to work with other nations. Jakania has been and will be very unstable and the likelihood of uprising high.

The elite of the nation care very little of the turnout of elections as long as the party represents the continuation of profit. The economy is classed as low developed, the second worst rating.

The turnout for elections has been continuously low with the turnout usually only coming from the Majatran (Arab) minority trying to find representation.

Ethnicity:
•Luthorian - 39%
•Hutorian - 30%
•Jakanian - 17%
•Solentian - 11%
•Other - 3%

•Jakanian - 79%
•Solentian - 9%
•Luthorian - 6%
•Hutorian - 3%
•Other - 1%

Language:
•Luthorian (English) - 84%
•Dundorfian (German) - 8%
•Majatran (Arabic) - 6%
•Other - 2%

Religion:
•Hosainism (Christianity) - 62%
•Daenism (Buddhism) - 14%
•Geraja (Hinduism) - 13%
•Israism (Sunni) - 8%
•Other - 3%

Guidelines:
•RP should be kept friendly for everyone involved.
•You should try to keep RP as fun (and semi realistic) as possible.
•Party names should be presented with an abbreviation after it (e.g. Democratic Party (DP)). This is to make it easier for people to refer to others.

NOTE:
While these numbers should be fluid as circumstances change from time to time, there should be NO wild or drastic ethnic, or religious changes to the numbers above without extensive RP, and consent of all players involved both domestically and internationally.

I will be leaving Jakania soon to join more active nation but will be keeping the Cultural Protocol and the flag I made in a word document :). Thanks!
Cracov

Postby Kubrick » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Where did the Hutorians come from? Where did all the Daenists and Gerajans come from? Are Jakanians Majatrans or? Of course it's Culturally Open so you can do whatever you want but it doesn't really tie in like this, but perhaps I am just missing the backstory!
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Cracov » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi, as you said it's culturally open and if I move back to Jakania I'd work on the back story but I'd make it so the Luthorians and later on Hutorians moved to Jakania as they felt the need for power.

Jakania's are mainly Majatran speaking although only in very rural communities. The urban Jakania's have been forced to adapt to speak Luthorian.

I felt that Jakania's could be split on their religion before colonisation with it being a mix of the 3 religions although I'd probably change this.

I did try to just do this earlier so I wolud look at it later and remind myself of Jakania.

What changes do you think I could make to it? Thanks :).
Cracov

Postby Cracov » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:19 am

Hi, sorry to bother but I mixed the one I posted with the one the player who is now in Jakania posted. This is what I came up with:

Jakania is a heterogenous state, which has been influenced strongly by Luthorians (English), Majatrans (Arabs), Turjaks (Turkish), and more recently Gziri (Maltese).

The nation was one of many to face colonisation by the rich Luthorian people. The nation is now bitterly devided between the now majority of Luthorians controlling inpropertunally almost all of the wealth and political power. Since colonisation Jakania has faced countless problems including recessions, debt crisis and struggled to work with other nations.

The economy is classed as low developed, the second worst rating. Although many poor blame the rich for the state of the economy believing they control the majority of wealth.

The demographic composition of Jakania, as of the passage of these protocols, are as follows:

Ethnicity:

The largest population in Jakania is now Luthorian, this group was never native to Jakania and only came here during the colonisation of the nation. They make up over one third of the population with around 39,000,000 Luthorians.

The minority of native Jakanians belong to the greater, multi-national Majatran ethnic group. The Turjak minority also has an enduring presence in the country. The most recent major shifts with regards to ethnic demographics, is the steady growth of the Gziri minority, which is not originally native to Jakania. Many first-generation Gziri immigrants originally came from Cildania as merchants, when the Jakanian government sought closer ties with the latter in the 4050s. Both Kalopians and Yeudis make up small minorities in Jakania, but have had relatively little influence outside their own communities.

• Luthorian (English) - 39%
• Majatrans (Arabs) - 24%
• Turjaks (Turks) - 13%
• Grizi (Maltese) - 8%
• Kalopians (Greeks) - 8%
• Yeudis (Jews) - 6%
• Others - 2%

Language:

Since colonisation the native people have been forced to learn Luthorian in schools and it is almost impossible to find a job without being able to speak the language. The Majatran language has slowly been reduced and is usually only used in very rural areas of Jakania. Many of the Turjaks primary language is still spoken although they do know Luthorian with almost all Majatrans now speaking Luthorian.

Additionally, the Gziri language has served as a 'lingua franca' for the minorities in Jakania since the mid-4000s, despite being the mother tongue of only a tenth of the population. Despite this, just over 60% of the country's population is fluent in Gziri.

Below is the % of people who are most fluent in that language:
• Luthorian (English) - 67%
• Gziri (Maltese) - 21%
• Turkjak (Turkish) - 5%
• Kalopian (Greek) - 2%
• Yeudish (Hebrew) - 3%
• Other - 2%

Religion:

Jakania is overwhelmingly Ahmadi, though with a significant Hosian presence; there is also a tiny Yeudish minority. Among the Ahmadis,
the Israist denomination is adhered to by over 90%. The religious composition of Jakania has been, and should remain, relatively stable,
with a rough 80-20 ratio between Ahmadis and Hosians.

• Hosainism (Christianity) - 41%
• Admadism (Islam) - 25%
• No Religion - 19%
• Israism (Sunni) - 8%
• Yeudism (Judaism) - 4%
• Other - 3%

Gameplay:

Even though Jakania is multi-ethnic, multi-lingual and multi-religious, party names should be in either English or Maltese - English is considered the most spoken language but can be seen as only spoken by the upper classes. Maltese is considered the Jakanian 'lingua franca' for the smaller ethnic. When it comes to the names of candidates and other (roleplay) individuals, however, names from all the languages and ethnic groups are allowed.

Guidelines:
• RP should be kept friendly for everyone involved. 
• You should try to keep RP as fun (and semi realistic) as possible.
• Party names should be presented with an abbreviation after it (e.g. Democratic Party (DP)). This is to make it easier for people to refer to others.

The following pages can help you find names in the languages of Jakania, if you feel like you need help:

English names: http://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/english
Arab names:http://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/arabic
Turkish names:http://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/turkish
Maltese names:http://www.babiesmalta.com/pregnancy_maltese_baby-Names.php

Below are further links to Particracy rules and guides:

Game Rules: http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6363
Protocols Index: http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6365

NOTE:
While these numbers should be fluid as circumstances change from time to time, there should be NO wild or drastic ethnic, or religious changes to the numbers above without extensive RP, and consent of all players involved both domestically and internationally.
Cracov

Return to General