World Congress & Security Council

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: World Congress & Security Council

Postby Aquinas » Tue May 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Auditorii wrote:Can it be assumed since every nation is apart of the World Congress that we all have diplomatic affairs with each other? i.e embassies, consulates and the like?

Not necessarily.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Thu May 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Why is the Security Council discussing matters that should be in the World congress for everyone to participate in?

Examples:

Second half - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6913&start=190#p114170
Whole post - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6913&start=190#p114710
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Thu May 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Auditorii wrote:Why is the Security Council discussing matters that should be in the World congress for everyone to participate in?

Examples:

What's stopping the General Assembly from discussing those matters? In this case, the Security Council decided to discuss them but if nobody in the General Assembly wants to they're not obliged to.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 pm

jamescfm wrote:
Auditorii wrote:Why is the Security Council discussing matters that should be in the World congress for everyone to participate in?

Examples:

What's stopping the General Assembly from discussing those matters? In this case, the Security Council decided to discuss them but if nobody in the General Assembly wants to they're not obliged to.

Nothing but isn't there suppose to be oversight? I made a proposal in the WC and only one person responded, it's been 2 weeks roughly since anyone responded.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:16 pm

I've put together a thread outlining the refined structure of the World Congress. Most of the changes are minor and won't affect how the institution functions but I invite all players to read through the post nonetheless.
jamescfm

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 am

This months elections will be posted tommorow. Just a heads up.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby CCP » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:13 am

FPC wrote:This months elections will be posted tommorow. Just a heads up.

Was the vote tally counted on the 1st though? I know one country in particular still had votes being conducted at midnight eastern US time or after. If those late votes are counted, they could flip the outcome for Seat E.

I've always had an urge to suggest that we standardize the count time (probably as midnight Central Europe Time since that's the game system's time zone) to avoid any controversy. That way, even if the Mods weren't able to post the count at that precise time, at least anyone online could take screenshots to prove the vote totals.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Polites » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:19 pm

CCP wrote:
FPC wrote:This months elections will be posted tommorow. Just a heads up.

Was the vote tally counted on the 1st though? I know one country in particular still had votes being conducted at midnight eastern US time or after. If those late votes are counted, they could flip the outcome for Seat E.

I've always had an urge to suggest that we standardize the count time (probably as midnight Central Europe Time since that's the game system's time zone) to avoid any controversy. That way, even if the Mods weren't able to post the count at that precise time, at least anyone online could take screenshots to prove the vote totals.

Unfortunately no, the vote was counted at the time it was posted (so with three days delay).
It's unlikely we'd ever implement a single count time, given that the votes are counted manually and we all have different time constraints. If the game itself were to count the votes then that would be possible, but there's real flesh and blood people doing the counting here.
Polites

Postby CCP » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Polites wrote:It's unlikely we'd ever implement a single count time, given that the votes are counted manually and we all have different time constraints.

But we have implemented a single count time -- the first of the month. But in this case for whatever reason it wasn't kept to. It's fair enough that Mods or RP Team Members might not always be available to be online at precisely midnight Central European Time. But at least if we say that the winners are whoever have the lead at midnight on the first, then Mods can count whenever they want, but interested players (especially those who stand to win or lose) can log in at midnight if they want to and take screenshots to demonstrate the count. I know for a fact that one of the Security Council members this term was losing at midnight CET January 1st but only won because the count was conducted on the 3rd.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Polites » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:40 pm

We do strive to keep to the first of the month for the vote count, and so far we only missed the deadline twice, most recently because the 1st of the month was also New Year's :). It's easier and more achievable to have an entire day rather than a specific hour as the count time, for obvious reasons.

I am generally opposed to using screenshots as evidence for anything in this game, since they can be very easily altered. In this case one need only take a screenshot at a different time (when the vote goes in their favor, for instance) and just edit the time.

I understand that, had we done the count on the 1st rather than on the 3rd, the result would have been different, but to be fair this was a rather exceptional case. I've rarely seen WC campaigns get so much traction so quickly, and it's probably the first time when a delay of two days would have impacted the final result.

In any case, we will continue to do our best to adhere to the timeline, and hopefully future delays will not result in different results if such delays cannot be avoided.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive