World Congress & Security Council

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: World Congress & Security Council

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Works for me!
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Axxell » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:58 am

The whale island is the international territory?
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Aquinas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:44 am

Mods, when you've got time, could you have a look at the World Congress & Security Council sticky? At the moment it names the date of the next Security Council election as "Real-time March 1st 2016" (before the Security Council was even introduced!), when presumably it should say May 1st 2017.

Also, the "Previous election results" section needs to be updated for March and April.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Aquinas wrote:Mods, when you've got time, could you have a look at the World Congress & Security Council sticky? At the moment it names the date of the next Security Council election as "Real-time March 1st 2016" (before the Security Council was even introduced!), when presumably it should say May 1st 2017.

Also, the "Previous election results" section needs to be updated for March and April.

Just in case you didn't see this Mods, the sticky needs to be fixed. That sticky is particularly important because it is actually linked to in the in-game laws regarding Security Council election (eg. see here). In other words, at the moment, players who see the law, follow the link and read the post could easily be misled into presuming Security Council elections were abandoned over a year ago.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:16 pm

So how often are the current Security Council elections held?

Also, as I understand it, anyone can talk in the World Congress but not everyone can talk in the Security Council?
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:20 pm

Auditorii wrote:So how often are the current Security Council elections held?

To quote from the sticky, "On the first day of each real-life month (or thereabouts)".

Auditorii wrote:Also, as I understand it, anyone can talk in the World Congress but not everyone can talk in the Security Council?

That's right, yes. Only players controlling the General Secretary or representatives of the Security Council members are permitted to post on the Security Council thread.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Aquinas wrote:

To quote from the sticky, "On the first day of each real-life month (or thereabouts)".

Auditorii wrote:Also, as I understand it, anyone can talk in the World Congress but not everyone can talk in the Security Council?

That's right, yes. Only players controlling the General Secretary or representatives of the Security Council members are permitted to post on the Security Council thread.

Now Moderation is charged with management of the Security Council elections? Why not appoint an RP Team member to do it, leaves the burden off Moderation from further work.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Aquinas wrote:

Now Moderation is charged with management of the Security Council elections? Why not appoint an RP Team member to do it, leaves the burden off Moderation from further work.

So long as the elections are done regularly/reliably, I don't mind.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:30 pm

I believe that was the point of the RP team or at least my argument for urging the creation of one. Moderation has enough on their plate, the RP Team should be focused on the RP and non-game rules side of things. I.e the World Congress and Security Council.

I'd also advise if a new forum can be created specifically for the World Congress and Security Council, that'd help tremendously.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Can it be assumed since every nation is apart of the World Congress that we all have diplomatic affairs with each other? i.e embassies, consulates and the like?
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive