Turkjak nations?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Turkjak nations?

Postby MalasRally » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:56 pm

Hello!

I've been playing in Kalopia for the past 3 months, but the country is currently being plagued disagreements about form of government, and more importantly, in-game ethnic politics. The problem is that I wished to make the currently culturally open Kalopia a more Turjak-dominated country, since there are no other major Turkish/Turkic nations. The problem, of course, is that there are no other Greek-themed nations either, meaning that these two cultures, with little space elsewhere in the game, are forced to fight over a single country. A new player has set out on a path to revert some of these pro-Turkic changes I've been doing, after he scored over 80% of the vote in the last election. Which is actually understandable, considering he just doesn't want to see Greek wiped from Terra -- after all, neither do I.

I just feel that when Turkic peoples have a population of 140-160 million in real life, and make up the majority in 6 countries, this group should at least have one country in the game, without taking the place of another "endangered" (in the sense that in only has one country) culture, like the Greek one in Kalopia. Meanwhile, German-speakers have 3 nations as far as I can see, Arabs have 2-3, and there's even one for Sweden and one for Norway (!), my own RL country. We're 5 million people! Compared to 160 million Turkic people.

I'm aware that some countries (e.g. Jakania) have significant Turjak minorities. I was just about to relocate to Jakania, but then I saw that in their new cultural protocols, only 5% speak the Turjak language. Which is not exactly enough to base a party off of.

My question is just this -- can't there be at least one primarily Turkic nation in this game? I don't mean 100%, but at least above 50%. I'm not Turkish myself, but I'd just like to see the language and culture have a certain foothold in the Particracy world. I know that Moderators probably have limited influence on this, since much of the culture in the game is player-driven. But still, there must be something that can be done?

Thanks!
MalasRally

Re: Turkjak nations?

Postby Aquinas » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Both Jakania and Kalopia are currently Culturally Open (see the Cultural Protocols Index), so new Cultural Protocols could be established there under the terms set out in section 17 of the Game Rules.

My personal hunch is that a Turkish-themed nation would have a chance of "working" in Particracy. We do have a small number of Turkish players, or at least players who might be interested in a Turkish-themed nation. Periodically I notice players who are using Turkish character names (either in Culturally Open nations, where they're allowed too, or in Culturally Protected nations - where doing that might not always be appropriate!).

My advice to you would be to seek out players who share your vision for a Turkish-themed nation, and then try to get them to co-operate in going to a Culturally Open nation and then - in due course - establishing a Cultural Protocol there.

I'm moving this thread to General Discussion, in the hope that others will chip into this conversation and maybe be able to help you.
Aquinas

Postby Reddy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:44 pm

You are welcome to Jakania. I'll admit that I have not really thought about the country's culture too much but Jakania becoming a Turjak majority nation sounds about right . I don't think Turkic culture is that under-represented though, there are 4 Jelbic countries (Jelbania, Barmenia, Vanuku and Pontesi) whose culture is based on the Central Asian cultures.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby mpog » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Reddy wrote:I don't think Turkic culture is that under-represented though, there are 4 Jelbic countries (Jelbania, Barmenia, Vanuku and Pontesi) whose culture is based on the Central Asian cultures.

Pontesi is culturally open. (The old protocol is at this time still in place as nation description.)
mpog

Postby MalasRally » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Alright, all your suggestions sound good, and thanks for the invite to Jakania. :)

The dispute in Kalopia has been settled for now, though, and the cultural protocols will probably be passed in about 2-3 weeks, since they now have approval from both current Kalopian players. So a half-Turkic country will be on its feet soon.

Thanks for the help and input ^^
MalasRally

Return to General