Consultation on military & economic power rankings

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Consultation on military & economic power rankings

Postby M.Mansoor » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:57 am

Greetings,
As you have suggested the rankings but there are concerns over it.How would you keep it fair? What would be the criteria,formula for it.I disagree with the Jelbania's position.They have a strong economic ans military position.Take all of the nations on board.
M.Mansoor

Postby Reddy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:54 am

M.Mansoor wrote:Greetings,
As you have suggested the rankings but there are concerns over it.How would you keep it fair?What would be the criteria,formula for it

Hi, this ranking system is to be built based on the draft presented by Moderation and the suggestions and feedback of the community. Each player is welcome and encouraged to express his views. Should a consensus build around their viewpoint. Moderation will amend the draft rankings to reflect that. The criteria and formula is a mixture of role-play on the forum and in-game. We welcome suggestions on what the criteria should be.

M.Mansoor wrote: I disagree with the Jelbania's position.They have a strong economic ans military position.Take all of the nations on board.

Ok, would you like to show evidence of any role-play which has been done recently that would support this position? Do any others here agree with M.Mansoor's view on Jelbania's rankings?
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Libertarian God » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:00 pm

I was told to be outraged about this.

Should I be? :shock:
Meh
Libertarian God

Postby Autokrator15 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Aquinas and Reddy, Your tyrrany has lasted long enough! We the players cry out against your great admin work, your fair and good judgement, your kindness and selfless acts in freely putting shit tons of time in a game without personal gain. We are angry because you do your jobs so good and we love to be assholes.

No seriously, everyone ignore Outrage, the kid needs to get a life.
Autokrator15

Postby jamescfm » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:08 pm

Autokrator15 wrote:Aquinas and Reddy, Your tyrrany has lasted long enough! We the players cry out against your great admin work, your fair and good judgement, your kindness and selfless acts in freely putting shit tons of time in a game without personal gain. We are angry because you do your jobs so good and we love to be assholes.

No seriously, everyone ignore Outrage, the kid needs to get a life.

Hmm... sounds like Autokrator needs to be added to the list of conspiracy members.
jamescfm

Postby Khaler » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 pm

I think warfare should have consequences. Nations going through a major war should take a hit in their economic power for example, as no economy can thrive under such requirements. So it would be a risk vs reward situation that would limit the actions of the very strong club.

Realistically, there are no superpowers in Terra who have the population and resources to fight major wars with little to no consequences to their people. Alliances maybe, but no single nations.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby MarkWill » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:58 pm

I agree with the above.

I also want to clarify the significance of in-game economics and fiscal policy? I think it was formerly decided that budgets (defense spending in particular) and taxes were unrealistic and weren't representative of the actual health of a country's economy and society. Is this still the case? If so, does this mean that in order to change rankings, you'd have to conduct extensive forum RP in order to demonstrate your nation's economic well-being? I'd also like to extend this question to the strength of a nation's military.
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:32 pm

As you say, Particracy's in-game economic system was never fully developed. Actually, there are a few nations where the budget isn't even working properly.

The plan is that when it comes to petitioning for changes in ranking, a premium will be placed on forum role-play, especially when it comes to the Strong and Very Strong rankings. However, things like budgets and in-game bills can certainly be used to help support the case for a petition.

To quote what the document states,

The rankings system tries to take a long-term view and places a premium on active forum role-play, which at times will mean not so much weight is attached to game mechanic variables, such as legislative changes, taxation levels and spending allocations. It is not that these are unimportant or not valued, but good quality forum role-play will tend to be given priority. Do not be surprised, for example, if a nation is given a higher military ranking than another even though its military spending seems significantly less. It could be that that nation has been more active in terms of forum role-play, and in particular, has engaged in more military-related forum role-play which helps justify its military ranking.
Aquinas

Postby sotearchann » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:38 pm

If only there were a tool that pulled data from all the Countries and automatically created rankings like that.

Perhaps all of us can pitch in to fund one?
sotearchann

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:52 pm

sotearchann wrote:If only there were a tool that pulled data from all the Countries and automatically created rankings like that.

Perhaps all of us can pitch in to fund one?

There are all sorts of things that might be possible if the game was updated, but as some of you will know, the owner announced some years back that Particracy Classic is not going to be developed any further. The challenge now is to make the best of what we have now. And I assure you, that's something myself, Reddy and many, many others here are passionately committed to doing :).
Aquinas

PreviousNext

Return to General