Consultation on military & economic power rankings

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Consultation on military & economic power rankings

Postby FPC » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:18 pm

I would like to propose that Dundorf be moved up on the economic rankings.

We have a very progressive stance on the environment and have done for several decades, so their is virtually no pollution. Also recently I have completely revamped our budget and taxation system, which will encourage businessmen ect. To return to Dundorf and promote competition and and economic growth, also our current government is much more focused in positive investment rather than austerity. I believe these are acceptable reasons for us to move up. If anything more is needed, I am happy to try and provide it.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Aquinas » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:25 pm

FPC wrote:I would like to propose that Dundorf be moved up on the economic rankings.

We have a very progressive stance on the environment and have done for several decades, so their is virtually no pollution. Also recently I have completely revamped our budget and taxation system, which will encourage businessmen ect. To return to Dundorf and promote competition and and economic growth, also our current government is much more focused in positive investment rather than austerity. I believe these are acceptable reasons for us to move up. If anything more is needed, I am happy to try and provide it.

Unfortunately, with regards to the actual rankings update, you've come too late to the consultation. The final rankings document can be see here.

To everyone: As stated previously, we are still soliciting feedback on the long-term future of the rankings/economic & military RP guide system. Here are a few of the questions which come to mind, and might be worth thinking about:

1. Should the system be continued, or should it be dropped? One member has argued for dropping it, and that is one of the options, of course.

2. How often should consultations on the rankings be held? Would twice or thrice a year be enough? Or should the consultation be a permanent, ongoing one, with players able to come forward at any time to present their case for an adjustment to the rankings?

3. How should the petitions/consultations be organised/managed?

4. Who should oversee the consultations and the rankings? The last update was organised by Moderation, but it does not necessarily have to be done that way. The task could be entrusted to a future RP Team or specified RP Team member, or perhaps to a volunteer from outside the RP Team.

5. When it comes to determining the rankings, do any changes need to be made when it comes to the criteria being looked at?

6. Should the guidance be more detailed? For example, should nuclear powers be specifically designated, and key natural resources assigned amongst specific nations?
Aquinas

Postby MarkWill » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:31 am

I agree that nuclear nations should be designated to a select few of the most advanced and developed countries, though I also think that making the option available to a lesser country for a trade off of economic well-being would also lead to interesting role play (e.g. North Korea). I also think specifying select natural resources for certain nations would keep make RD interesting for service-based developed nations and resource rich developing nations. Just throwing this out there, but how does the idea of limiting resources for each successive tier sound? This gives some leverage to lower ranked countries.
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Previous

Return to General